''Is that what you think?''

Y/N stood at the nurse station, engaged in casual conversation with the nurse. The nurse, eager to capture Y/N's attention, leaned in a little closer and brushed their arm against Y/N's.

"So, Y/N, how has your day been? Anything exciting happening?" the nurse asked, a flirtatious undertone lacing their words.

Y/N smiled, oblivious to the nurse's intentions. "Oh, nothing too exciting, just the usual hospital routine. But I did have an interesting case earlier. It was quite challenging."

The nurse's hand lingered on Y/N's arm a bit longer than necessary, and they flashed a coy smile. "I bet you handled it with your usual grace and expertise. You're so impressive, Y/N."

Y/N chuckled modestly. "Oh, I don't know about that. I'm just doing my job."

Meanwhile, Addison's eyes narrowed as she observed the interaction from a distance. The nurse's flirty behavior was becoming more apparent, and her protective instincts kicked in.

Mark nudged Meredith, pointing towards Addison. "Look at Addison. She's ready to pounce on that nurse."

Meredith smirked and crossed her arms. "Well, can you blame her? Y/N is absolutely oblivious, and that nurse is laying it on thick."

Back at the nurse station, the nurse continued their attempts to capture Y/N's attention. They reached out to adjust Y/N's ID badge, allowing their fingers to brush against Y/N's chest in the process.

Y/N laughed nervously, still unaware of the nurse's advances. "Oops, sorry about that. Thanks for fixing it, though."

Addison clenched her fists, her jaw tightening. She couldn't bear to watch any longer. With determined steps, she made her way towards Y/N and the nurse, her expression masked with a fake smile.

"Hey, babe," Addison greeted Y/N, her voice laced with a touch of forced cheerfulness.

Y/N's face lit up at the sight of Addison. "Hey, love! We have surgery, right?"

Addison nodded, her eyes fixed on the nurse who had now taken a subtle step back. "Yes, we do. Let's get going."

As they walked together towards the operating room, Addison took hold of Y/N's hand, a silent reassurance that she was there for them. Y/N, still oblivious to the tension, happily entwined their fingers.

It was only when they found themselves inside the supply closet that Y/N began to sense something was amiss. Confusion furrowed their brow, and they turned to face Addison.

"Addie, what's going on? Why are we in here?" Y/N asked, their voice filled with curiosity.

A wry smile played on Addison's lips as she let out a sigh. "I needed a moment alone with you. I couldn't stand watching that nurse's advances any longer."

Understanding dawned on Y/N's face, and they let out a soft chuckle. "Oh, I see now. Look at you getting all protective of your woman."

Addison's glare softened as Y/N approached and enveloped her in a comforting embrace. Y/N's touch was like a balm, easing Addison's worries.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I didn't realize how uncomfortable that nurse was making you feel," Addison apologized, her voice filled with regret.

Y/N held Addison tighter, their voice soothing and forgiving. "It's okay, Addie. I didn't even notice. I only have eyes for you."

A sense of relief washed over Addison, and a genuine smile spread across her face. "I know, but it still bothered me. I let my jealousy get the best of me."

Y/N gently cupped Addison's cheek, their touch tender. "It's natural to feel that way sometimes. I appreciate you looking out for me."

Addison's grip on Y/N tightened, her love and protectiveness shining through. "I love you, Y/N. I just want to protect you."

Y/N couldn't resist teasing Addison a little more, a mischievous glint in their eyes. "You know, Addie, that nurse really had no chance. I mean, compared to you, they were like a little pebble trying to compete with a shining diamond."

Addison let out a mock exasperated sigh, but her eyes sparkled with affection. "Oh, really? Is that what you think?"

Y/N grinned playfully. "Absolutely. It's like comparing a wilted flower to a radiant sunflower. No contest."

Addison couldn't help but laugh, her love for Y/N overflowing. She pulled them into another tight embrace, refusing to let go. "You're too much, but I love you."

Y/N leaned in, their lips brushing against Addison's ear as they whispered, "And I love the way you get all possessive over me."

Addison playfully swatted Y/N's arm, but her smile revealed her true feelings. "Just remember, you're mine, and I'm not letting go."