''Do you think they'll find us?''

In the dimly lit supply closet, the sound of distant gunshots echoed through the hospital corridors, filling the air with an unsettling tension. Amelia and Y/N huddled together, their breaths shallow and their hearts pounding in their chests. The darkness seemed to amplify their fear as they clung onto each other's trembling hands, seeking solace in their shared warmth.

Amelia's voice quivered as she broke the suffocating silence, barely audible amidst the chaos outside. "Do you think they'll find us?" Her wide eyes darted nervously, searching for reassurance in Y/N's face.

Y/N tried to steady their voice, though their trembling hands betrayed their own anxiety. "No, no, they won't. We're safe here," they whispered, their voice filled with determination, yet laced with a hint of doubt. "This closet is hidden, and the lights are off. We're just shadows in the darkness."

But even as Y/N spoke those words, uncertainty gnawed at their core. They could feel their own hands shaking, mirroring the fear that coursed through Amelia's body. Yet, Y/N mustered a reassuring smile, hoping to mask their own trembling. They squeezed Amelia's hand tightly, as if to convey a silent promise that they would protect her no matter what.

The sound of footsteps grew louder, drawing nearer with each passing moment. The reverberating thuds seemed to amplify the tension, amplifying the fear that clung to the air like a suffocating fog. Amelia's grip on Y/N's hand tightened, her knuckles turning white, as if clinging onto Y/N's strength for dear life.

Y/N, their voice trembling but filled with determination, whispered, "We need to stay calm, Amelia. Breathe with me." Their own breaths were ragged, but they tried to regulate them, hoping that the shared rhythm would steady their nerves.

Amelia nodded, her eyes filled with tears as she fought to regain control of her emotions. She took deep, shaky breaths, trying to match Y/N's rhythm, but her efforts were punctuated by trembling sighs of fear.

Amelia's voice quivered once more, a whisper laced with vulnerability. "Y/N, I can't do this," she stammered, her voice barely audible over the encroaching danger.

Y/N's grip tightened, their hands trembling uncontrollably. They drew Amelia closer, their touch a fragile anchor in the sea of uncertainty. "Yes, you can, Amelia," they insisted, their voice a gentle but unwavering whisper. "We've faced challenges before, and we'll face this one together. Trust in our love, in our strength."

As the footsteps drew nearer, the tension in the air grew palpable, suffocating them both. Time seemed to slow down, each passing moment feeling like an eternity. Amelia's trembling fingers sought solace in Y/N's, intertwining tightly as if holding onto hope itself.

A sliver of light pierced through the tiny gap beneath the door, casting eerie shadows across the closet's interior. Amelia's breath hitched, her gaze fixated on the encroaching danger. She instinctively clung to Y/N, burying her face in their shoulder, seeking refuge from the impending storm.

Y/N's voice, though tinged with fear, remained steadfast. "Stay with me, Amelia. We're strong together," they whispered, their words infused with unwavering love. Their other hand rubbed soothing circles on Amelia's back, trying to quell the rising panic within her.

A sudden creak of the door interrupted their fragile moment, freezing them both in fear. The closet fell silent once more, the darkness enveloping them as they held their breath. Time seemed to stand still as they awaited their fate, the tension almost suffocating.

But then, a voice from outside called out, "Clear!"

Relief washed over them, but their bodies still trembled with the aftermath of the fear that had consumed them. Y/N's hands, now shaking visibly, continued to caress Amelia's back, providing a steady rhythm to anchor her.

"We made it," Y/N whispered, their voice barely above a whisper, filled with both relief and awe. "We're safe now."

Amelia nodded, her face still buried in Y/N's shoulder, tears streaming down her cheeks. With shaky hands, she clutched onto Y/N even tighter, their bond solidifying amidst the chaos that had threatened to tear them apart.

In that moment, the supply closet transformed into their sanctuary, a refuge where love and resilience triumphed over fear. And as they remained hidden within, the sound of distant sirens began to drown out the remnants of the shooting, promising a return to safety and peace.

They stayed embraced in the darkness, their trembling slowly subsiding, as they held onto each other, knowing that together they could face anything that lay ahead.

As the adrenaline began to ebb away, Amelia's senses sharpened, and she noticed the faint quiver in Y/N's touch, the rapid rise and fall of their chest that betrayed their own anxiety. Amelia's heart sank, realizing that while Y/N had tried to be strong for her, they too were battling their own fear.

"Y/N," Amelia whispered, her voice laced with concern. She gently pulled back, her hands still grasping Y/N's, their eyes meeting in the dim light. "Your hands... they're shaking too."

Y/N's facade wavered for a moment, a flicker of vulnerability crossing their face. They took a deep breath, trying to compose themselves, but their efforts were futile. Tears welled up in their eyes, their trembling turning more pronounced.

"I... I tried, Amelia," Y/N choked out, their voice trembling with raw emotion. "I tried to stay strong for you... but it's so hard... I'm so scared."

Amelia's heart broke at the sight of Y/N's vulnerability. She let go of one of Y/N's hands, using her own shaking hand to wipe away the tears cascading down their face. Gently, she cupped Y/N's cheek, her touch filled with tenderness and understanding.

"Y/N, it's okay," Amelia whispered, her voice filled with empathy. "You don't have to hold it all in. We're in this together, remember? We'll face our fears side by side."

Y/N clung to Amelia, their body trembling with the weight of their emotions. They buried their face in the crook of Amelia's neck, their tears soaking her shoulder as they finally allowed themselves to release the fear they had been suppressing.

Amelia held them tightly, their bodies swaying slightly in the confined space of the closet. She whispered words of comfort and love, their voices mingling with soft sobs and the erratic beat of their hearts.

As the minutes stretched into what felt like hours, Y/N's sobs slowly subsided. Their grip on Amelia remained firm, but their trembling began to ease. Amelia continued to stroke their hair, offering silent reassurance through her touch.

"You're so strong, Y/N," Amelia murmured, her voice filled with admiration. "You may be scared, but you've shown incredible courage. Don't ever doubt that."

Y/N sniffled, lifting their head from Amelia's shoulder, their eyes red and puffy. They managed a watery smile, their vulnerability mingling with a newfound sense of strength.

"I... I couldn't have done it without you, Amelia," Y/N confessed, their voice filled with gratitude. "You're my rock, even in the darkest moments."

Amelia's lips curved into a tender smile. She gently brushed away the remaining tears from Y/N's cheeks, their eyes locked in a shared understanding. In that moment, their love transcended the fear, reinforcing their bond with a resilience that could weather any storm.

And as they stood there, still hidden in the supply closet, their hands intertwined once more, they knew that together they were unbreakable, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.