''I love you, with all my heart.''

This was a petiton from ilovetshoeh, thank you again :)

"Hey Red," Mark said with a smirk as he stepped into the elevator, catching Addison by surprise. His charm and confidence were evident as he leaned against the elevator wall, his eyes locked onto Addison's.

Addison glanced up from her paperwork, a faint smile on her face. "Mark," she acknowledged, trying to keep her tone neutral.

The elevator doors closed, enclosing them in a small space. Mark took a step closer, his voice laced with playful flirtation. "You know, I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Missed our old times together."

Addison's smile faltered slightly as she sensed the direction of the conversation. She couldn't deny that there was still a connection between them, but she had moved on. "Mark, it's been a long time. We've both moved on with our lives."

Mark's eyes gleamed mischievously. "Oh, I've moved on, alright. But I can't say the same for you." He gestured towards Addison's hand, which was adorned with a new ring. "Married, huh? You always did have a thing for commitment."

Addison's patience began to wear thin. "It's not what you think, Mark. I'm not married. I'm with someone else."

Mark's smirk widened. "Oh, really? And who is this lucky guy? I bet he can't compare to me."

Addison's voice turned serious as she corrected him. "It's not a guy, Mark. It's a girl. I'm in a relationship with a woman."

Mark's laughter echoed in the confined space. "You're kidding, right? You're into women now? That's rich, Addison."

An unexpected surge of anger ignited within Addison. She stood her ground, her voice firm. "My partner's gender doesn't define our love or the strength of our relationship. I'm happy, Mark. And that's all that matters."

As the elevator reached their floor, Mark's laughter subsided, and a pensive expression crossed his face. He looked at Addison, his eyes searching for something. "Addison, I... I still love you. I never stopped."

Addison's eyes widened, her heart pounding. She couldn't deny that a part of her still cared for Mark, but she had found happiness elsewhere. Before she could respond, the elevator doors opened, leaving them alone in a brief moment of unresolved tension.

Unbeknownst to them, y/n, who had been searching for Addison, stepped into the hallway just in time to witness the intimate exchange. Hurt and betrayed, y/n's mind raced with a mix of emotions. Without waiting for an explanation, y/n turned on her heels and stormed away, determined to bury the pain and focus on her work.

(time skip)

Y/n arrived home, still feeling the weight of the earlier encounter with Mark. Her heart ached, unsure of how to process the mix of emotions that had flooded her mind. As she opened the front door, she was greeted by a sight that instantly melted away her distress.

The room was bathed in the soft glow of candlelight, casting a warm and inviting atmosphere. The table was beautifully set, adorned with y/n's favorite meal, prepared with love and care. Addison stood by the table, a nervous yet hopeful expression on her face.

Y/n's eyes widened in surprise, the tension of the day slowly dissipating. "Addison... what's all this?"

Addison approached y/n with a gentle smile, reaching out to take her hand. "I know today has been overwhelming, and I want to make it up to you. I want to show you how much you mean to me, how much I love you."