Hold Me Tight

Lucy walked out of the shower, fifteen minutes later, with tear-stained cheeks.

Her eyes darted toward the kitchen, though Tim hadn't been sitting down. A small creak of the floor came from behind her, and she was quick to wave her arm. Tim caught her wrist, putting her arm down gently.

"You don't have to be on alert. Not here."

Lucy gave an apologetic smile, awkwardly rubbing her feet together.

"I forgot my bag," she spoke, pointing to the small backpack laying on the couch.

Tim nodded, understanding of her situation.

"I'm going to set up the bed," Tim husked, walking over to the bedroom.

"Hey, Tim?" Her breath was hitched. Her voice cracked, her palm beginning to smear at the gray towel.

Timothy turned his head back, pure curiosity pining over his brain.

"Thanks again," she answered.

"Don't worry about it, you're welcome whenever, and Kojo loves seeing you."

A few minutes passed, and Tim walked out of the bedroom. He had a blanket in his hands, and was stepping toward where Lucy was sat.

"What are you doing?" Her eyebrows furrowed with confusion. Her eyes shot back to the bedroom door, it having been slightly left open.

"You aren't staying on the couch," Bradford insisted, fluffing the pillows beside her. He brought his attention down to her legs, cursing to himself as he realized he had forgotten to pack bottoms for the poor woman. She was wearing the same bloodied pants from earlier.

"Oh, God. One second I'm gonna get you something."

Timothy scurried to his bedroom, looking for a pair of short he imagined Chen would find comfortable.

He turned his attention to the door, when he heard it screech.

"Thank you." She smiled, grabbing the bottoms from his hand. He gave a quick nod, then left the bedroom so she could privately undress. "Thanks!" She shouted from the empty room, removing her jeans. She slipped her legs through the shorts, smiling as she ran her fingers through the waist band. She looked around his room, scanning for a dresser. She removed her shirt, grabbing a large, black T-shirt. Her lips let out a long sigh, and her feet darted to the door. She turned the knob slowly, and Tim turned on his heels.

"The shirts you got didn't fit," Lucy toyed with her fingernails, rubbing her feet together.

She looks so gorgeous. This dim light is giving her the perfect amount of glow, my shirt is far too big on her, and her hair is placed to one shoulder. She's perfect.

"Tim?" Lucy whispered, then stepped forward when she noticed the couch was made. There were sheets covering the leather, and blankets thrown, along with pillows.

"Yeah, sorry. I've just set the couch up. If you need anything, you can call me." Tim smiled, dipping his head down.

He made his way to the couch, sitting for a moment as he eyed her.

"Tim, what are you doing? I'm not going to let you sleep there," Lucy spoke, walking up to the man.

"I'm not gonna let you sleep on the couch, Luce."

"I don't mind, really." She smiled, wrapping her arms around his elbows. She began to lift him, and he chuckled before noticing her wince. She put out her arms, looking at them intently. She frowned at the sight. There were bruises beginning to appear, and a few small cuts along her hands.

Tim wrapped his hands around her forearms, rubbing them carefully.

"Don't, he can't hurt you. Not anymore." Tim looked up, his eyes telling a story as they turned into a cloudy blue. She isn't going to sleep tonight, I just know it.

Lucy's eyes swelled, and she looked away quickly before letting a tear hit her cheek. Timothy arose quickly, wrapping his arms around her. Her hands hooked at his shoulders, and she stood on her toes to let her head rest.

"I'm gonna let you get some sleep, are you sure you don't want the bed?" Tim coaxed, paying attention to how quickly her expression. "I'm alright." She gave a weak smile, squeezing him tightly once more before letting him walk away.

She sat down on the sofa for a while, pondering over what had happened over the last few hours. Chris could've killed me if he wanted. What if Tim wasn't there in time..

All these questions lead to Lucy finally laying down on the couch, pawned.

Her eyes felt heavy, and the blanket on top of her was now much warmer. The room felt much colder, and Lucy couldn't help but wish Tim's arms replaced the blanket. He would tell her it's okay, that everything would be fine.

Tamara.

Fear suddenly filled her head as the possibility of Tamara walking in on her and Chris fumbled in her head. Lucy finally went to sleep after a few minutes of replaying the scenario, with tears staining her cheeks.

Timothy had been asleep the minute his head hit the pillow, and his dreams only held a scared Lucy, wrapped by Tim's arms. Him holding her, keeping her head rested against his chest, filling her ears with reassurance.

A door creaked open, and Tim's eyes flew open. He didn't move, the cop in him careful not to startle the presence.

Hid eyes flew to the clock beside the door. 2:14 AM.

Lucy was standing in the doorway, on her toes as she tried to look at Tim's face. His closed his eyes quickly, noticing her upset smile. She slowly walked to the other side of his bed, making her way into the white comforter.

She brought her knees to her stomach, curling into a small ball. She tried her best not to rustle with the sheets, careful not to wake Bradford.

Her hands went under her cheek, working as a small pillow.

Tim smiled as he heard her breathing become more relaxed, and eventually Chen fell asleep. He turned to his side, facing her. His fingers traced her ear, and he brought back the loose strand of hair in between his fingers, then placed it behind her ear.

He returned to facing the ceiling, his eyelids heavy.

He fell asleep once again, this time, with Lucy by his side.