Suspicion

When Lucy finally came to her senses, the day had already passed by. Three missed calls. Twenty-one text messages.

"Mm," Tim groaned, head laying on Lucy's stomach. She winced at first, though soon became comfortable with the feeling.

Her hands ran through his hair, tugging slightly. Her fingertips drew circles amongst his hairline, and she smiled at the simple act.

"Tim," her voice was soft, quiet.

"Tim, it's almost 7," Lucy called out, tapping on his forehead. Tim furrowed his eyebrows, rubbing his eyes to rub away the sleep.

"Wake me up at nine," he groaned, throwing the blanket over his head.

Lucy giggled, and the sound seemed to ring through Tim's ears.

He suddenly bolted to his feet, his stare blank as he examined where he had just fallen asleep. He was laying on Lucy's stomach, she was probably in so much pain.

"Stop looking at me like that," Lucy smiled, curling her toes as she covered her face with her hands. She covered her stomach with the large shirt, giggling as she turned to face the back of the couch.

"I- I didn't mean to.." Tim stuttered. His frown was clear, even if Chen's eyes had been closed.

"What?" Lucy questioned, tilting her head as she sat up. Her fingers ran through her hair, her cursing herself as she worked through a knot.

Bradford pointed to her stomach, biting at the inside of his cheek.

"You didn't hurt me, I'm okay." Her smile was small, though so sincere.

"Good," Tim spoke. He scanned the room, in search for their dog. He gave a quick whistle, and suddenly Kojo was dashing out the bedroom.

"You hungry, boy?" Tim slapped at his knees, bent over slightly to reach the dog's chin.

Lucy stood on her feet now, folding the blanket. "You can leave that there." Tim noticed, quick to grab Kojo's kibble.

He refilled his water bowl, throwing in a few ice cubes.

"No way, you've already got your hands fulls with this guy, right buddy?" Lucy laughed, falling to her knees as she rubbed at Kojo's stomach.

"I have to take him on a walk soon, you're welcome to come with us. We'll only be gone a few." Tim suggested, waving his hand out. He stepped closer to Chen, walking behind her to grab the dog's leash and harness.

"I'd like that," the corners of her lips reached her cheeks, and her eyes were bright. Her eyes forwarded to Kojo once more, before walking off.

"I suppose you didn't bring me shoes either?" Lucy chuckled, lifting a brow.

"How about this, I'm gonna step out into the room, get dressed, and you can do whatever you need to do in the bathroom. My sister has me trying all these chemicals for my face, I'm sure you'll recognize something." Tim smirked, glancing at the bedroom door.

"Oh, so because I'm a girl I have to know what a moisturizer is?" She placed her hands on her hips, sticking out her leg.

"No, it's not like you mention a new toxic chemical every day in the shop." Timothy rolled his eyes, walking away.

"Call me once you've finished, I'll be waiting." Tim called back.

Lucy entered the bathroom, astonished by what she had missed when she had first opened the cabinets. Granted, she wasn't really worried about what her face looked like. But maybe she should've, because there was now a small, purple bruise below her eye, and one beside her chin. There was a small cut against her eyebrow, and Lucy couldn't help but laugh at her reflection. I look like a clown.

She grabbed a cleanser that looked familiar, along with some mysterious white pump. Please let this be moisturizer and not some chemical that'll burn my skin off. Lucy prayed, giggling before splashing her face with cold water.

After rubbing what she hoped wasn't really a chemical, she returned to the living room, where she saw Tim sat with black sneakers, a tighter fitting, white shirt, an black running shorts.

"What happened to going on a walk?" Lucy questioned, a stupid smile plastered on her face.

"Kojo would rather run."

She walked closer to the door, looking at her bare feet.

Tim held out his hand, it consuming of Kojo's leash, harness, and two water bottles. With confusion, Lucy obliged, grabbing the things and cupping her arms.

Lucy's eyes fluttered as Tim's arms were suddenly beneath her back and knees, carrying her. Lucy giggled, waving her feet. "Do me a favor and grab that leash, my keys are attached." Tim smiled, and both their eyes were glowing. I really needed this.

Once outside the car, Tom quickly opened the back door. Kojo jumped to the tall seat, tongue sticking out. Lucy gave a quick chuckle, her feet still waving in the brisk air.

Bradford opened the passenger door, both arms still holding the woman.

He slipped her onto the warmed seat, then closed the door.

He pulled out his phone, tapping at the lit screen. A message came to his inbox, and he opened it swiftly before opening his own door and allowing himself to begin the drive.

Five minutes later, the car stopped at a parking lot. Lucy's parking lot.

The pit in her stomach suddenly dropped, and flashes of a knife, a fist, and barks from the lousy definition of a man whipped at her brain.

"No, no, I don't think I can go back inside. Not tonight, please," Lucy begged, grabbing at the side of the seat as she frantically looked over to Tim. He face was straight, eyes slim.

"Don't worry, I'm going to be in and out. I'm going to grab you everything you need? You can call me from inside and monitor if you'd like." Tim offered, giving his best smile.

Lucy gave a nervous nod, bringing her hand to pet Kojo in the backseat. The dog happily obliged, stretching out his body so his feet lay on the backseat and his arms on the back of Lucy seat.

What the hell do girls wear when they run?

Tim's imagination brought him back to the first time he got Kojo, he had taken him on a run, and it seemed as if there were women planning on it. They each wore a cropped tank, with shorts that practically had their ass hanging, and their attempt at touching me didn't exactly work, instead it only irritated Kojo.

Tim unlocked the door slowly, his Cop Eyes begging Chris would've escaped just so he could give him another lesson.

He marched to Lucy's bedroom, going straight her her dresser. He grabbed what looked like a shirt he'd seen her in before, and some shorts. I should've grabbed these.

Lucy's attention left Kojo