Chapter 16

After Matthew gave Luz her first place trophy Eda told Luz to go change and that they'll meet Matthew after changing Luz nodded and gave her trophy to her mom headed to change while limping also turns out Amity,Gus and Willow got their own trophies and medal for showcasing their awesome skills and sportsmanship.

Luz, who was now wearing a brown varsity jacket with black jeans and white shoes, with her bag was sitting waiting for her girlfriend Amity, Willow and Gus to come out of the bathroom.

"Hey Luz, where's Willow,Amity and Gus? Matthew is already with Eda and they're just waiting on us." Skara asked, walking towards Luz. "Still changing, oh never mind." Luz said cutting herself off as Amity who was wearing now Luz's purple hoodie that Luz gave her along with black leggings and black boots, Gus wearing a red baseball shirt and ripped jeans and black shoes and Willow wearing a green dress with a dark brown belt around her waist, and gray jacket on top along with orange tights and black shoes.

All three of them holding a bag that carried their karate gi. "Perfect timing, let's go Pierce is waiting for us outside with Eda." Luz said about to limp away when Amity put Luz's arm around herself so she wouldn't add pressure to her injury. "Thanks Amity." Luz smiled, taking her girlfriend's bag and carrying both of their stuff causing Amity to blush. "So what is this about? Why does Matthew wanna meet us?" Gus asked.

"I don't know Gus but whatever it is has something to do with why he injured me, he said that his sensei told him to injure me." Luz said as they were walking around eventually finding Eda and Matthew who was now wearing a leather jacket that was like Hunter except red and with black jeans and green high tops in a secluded area in the corner of the building."Right on time kiddos Now explain yourself Pierce why did your sensei want you to decommission my student." Eda said angrily.

Matthew took a deep breath and began to speak. "I know you won't understand or believe what I'm about to tell you but there's a reason why Sensei Phillip forced me to decommission Luz during the semi final."

The group exchanged glances at one another before Matthew continued "Sensei Phillip isn't just a strict karate sensei but he has a dark manipulator side to him he's been making his students even before Hunter to injure their opponents that way Emperors fist can win and be the top dojo." Matthew said in a voice of fear and anger.

"Wait, so you're saying that he intentionally made you hurt Luz during the tournament." Amity asked in disbelief causing Matthew to nod solemnly. "Yeah sensei Phillip saw you as a threat to this competition especially since he was watching your every move during the qualifying rounds and knew that all four of you guys know offense and defense moves. Not only that but he's been trying to corrupt his students minds and teach them dirty tricks. He specifically corrupts Hunter's mind more than the others." He said.

"Why does he care more about Hunter than the rest of his students?" Luz asked, wanting to know why he focuses his attention on Hunter. "Because - be-cause Hunter is his nephew." Matthew said, spilling out the truth.

Shocking Luz,Amity,Gus,Willow,Skara and Eda that Hunter is related to sensei Phillip. "Eda, remember when you were telling me your backstory about a certain ex you mentioned someone by the name of Caleb Wittenbane that you beat in the tournament . That's not Hunter's Father, is it?" Luz asked, confusing Amity,Willow,Gus and Skara.

"No doubt about it but here's the thing: never did I remember hearing the name Phillip Wittebane when I was competing." Eda said. "That's because Sensei Phillip was banned from competing in tournaments after he used his cheat tactics. Speaking of Sensei Phillip, follow me." Matthew said as he led the way from the secluded area and to where Sensei Phillip and his students were.