The coffee shop ch 1

Spencer's POV

After a long day of work and a long day of Morgan's teasing, I decide to go down to the newest coffee shop in town called Raven's cup. I heard great things about this Cafe. I heard there's a space where you can sit down drink coffee and read books. I decided to check it out today, to relax and put my mind off things.

Once I reached the cafe I walked inside and ordered some coffee. I sat down on a couch in the corner of the shop and pulled out a new book that I got and started reading once I received my coffee.

After 15 minutes I heard the bell ring. I didn't bother looking up as I was to invested in the book. I kept on reading until I felt a presence in front of me. I looked up to see a handsome green eyed man in a suit and a woman right next to him in a suit too, holding a folder.

I was confused. 'Am I in his spot?' I thought to myself

"Can I help you?" I asked, looking at the men in front of me. I could see him start to smile at me.

"I saw you sitting here alone I thought you could use some company" He said with the smile still on his face.

I was confused. Usually when people see me, they avoid me like to plague. 'Why is this handsome man talking to me?' I thought to myself

"You don't have to." I said in a timid voice. He may be handsome but he was also intimidating. Even though he was wearing a suit, you could tell he was well built and strong.

"It's okay, I don't mind. Besides, I think you're pretty cute." He said with a smile.

I could feel myself blushing at his words. He sat down next to me and the woman sat on the opposite side of him. I couldn't help but wonder who they are and if they're together.

"My name is Dr Spencer Reid." I said in a small voice as I avoided his eyes.

"My name is Jason black and this is my friend Madison Clearwater." He said as he pointed to the woman next to him. "So do you work in a hospital near here?" He asked.

"Oh no. I'm actually an FBI agent at the BAU, I'm just used to introducing myself as Dr Spencer Reid. An old coworker of mine gave me that name so people will show me more respect on cases." I slightly rambled.

I look down a little scared, thinking he would freak out and probably walk away. Usually when I say I work for the FBI people would get scared.

"Whoa! An FBI agent that's cool." He said excitedly "I could never see myself out in the field on cases, putting criminals in jail. You must be really brave." He continued with a smile.

I found myself shocked and blushing at his words. No one thinks I'm cool or brave when they look at me.

"I don't mean to be rude but how did you become an FBI agent? You don't look like the type." The woman, now known as Madison, said.

"I did pass all the tests and exams except for the physical so they had no choice but to let me be an agent." I said kind of embarrassed.

"Are you a genius or something? If you passed all those tests and exams you must be really smart." He said.

"I do have an IQ of 187 and could read 20,000 words per minute with an eidetic memory." I said confidently "That's also one of the reasons they let me be an FBI agent."

They looked at me shocked and impressed. I kind of hope I don't scare them away with what I said.

"That's quite impressive! I never met anyone who can do that. You must be one of a kind." Madison said with a smile.

"Yeah! That's so cool I wish I had an eidetic memory." Jason said.

I looked at them shocked again. 'These people actually think it's cool!' I thought to myself. Hopefully we can be friends after this though I looked at Jason 'Maybe something a bit more' I thought to myself then blushed looking away.

"I wish you did too so I won't have to do all your work for you cuz you keep forgetting." Madison said in a sarcastic and teasing tone.

I giggled a little bit at this. Jason dramatically gasped and looked at her offended.

"Hey! I do my work." He said in offended tone

"Only a little bit then leave the rest to me." Madison said holding up the folder in her hand.

Jason looked down defeated. Then looked at me as I was laughing at them. Soon the two joined in. Once we calm down I started talking again.

"So you two work together?" I asked

"Not really. She works for me. I own my own company and she's my personal assistant." He said

My eyes widen as I remembered that there was a big company here in Quantico run by the Black family.

"I knew your name sounded familiar your the head of the Black company." I said pointing at him

"That's me. Been running it for the last 5 years after my father had passed." He said in a sad tone.

"I'm sorry." I said "I heard that he had passed but I never heard who took over the company."

"It's okay. I never really went out to the public. They know someone is running it but they don't know who." He said.

Suddenly Madison's phone start to vibrate. She picked it up and saw what was on it. She sighed putting the phone down then turned to us.

"Sorry about this but you have a meeting in 30 minutes. We should go now we can't be late to this one." She said in a sad tone.

Jason nodded slowly standing up before turning to me and handing me a card.

"I really had a nice time talking to you and I think you're cute. You could give me a call when you're free and we could set up a meeting here again, if you want to." He said "This is my personal number and at the bottom is her number. So if I can't pick up, you could call her instead."

I took the card slightly blushing as our fingers touched.

"Make sure to give you a call on my free days or when I'm not on a case." I said in a shy voice.

He smiled brightly at my response before walking away. Once he reach the door he turned to me waving. I wave back the smile of my own on my face.

I packed my things and paid for the coffee before walking out the shop. I look at the card and put the numbers in my phone before going to my car.

'I'll definitely be calling him.' I thought to myself as I pulled out the parking lot and drove home. 'I hope we can hang out again soon. They both seem nice. I especially hope to see Jason again. He's handsome' I thought blushing.

I signed. "I don't know if he could ever like a guy like me." I said out loud. "I'm thinking ahead of myself I don't even know if he's into guys."

Little did Spencer know he felt the same way