The circus Ch 9

Jason's POV

Me and Spencer have been dating for 4 months now and it has been the best. There was a circus in town and since it was his free day, I wanted him to have some fun.

Sadly I couldn't join but I know this will make him happy especially with all the side cases that he's been on.

"Madison!" I yelled from my office. The door open and Madison walked through with a binder in hand.

"Is something wrong sir?" She asked

"No, nothing's wrong. There's a circus in town and I want cutie to go and have fun." I said to her. "I want you to go get Malcolm and tell him that I want him to drive you two there."

"You want me to accompany your boyfriend to a circus?" She asked looking confused.

"Yes, I don't want him to go alone and he doesn't know Malcolm yet so he's probably not going to be comfortable with him there. So I want you to go with him. Think of it as a day off." I said smiling innocently at her.

She signed before nodding her head. She walked out the office to inform Malcolm of the situation.

I quickly grabbed my phone and called Spencer. I knew he would be back from a case by now.

The phone ring twice before he picked up.

"Hello?" I heard him whisper

"Hey cutie is this a bad time?" I asked softly

"No it's just that I haven't got out the office yet. Is there something you needed?" He asked

"There's a circus in town. Sadly I cannot go but I wanted you to have a day to have fun and take your mind off things. Madison will be at your apartment with a bodyguard to drive you over there and to keep you company over there." I said

"Is it the head of security that you talked about? Malcolm?" He asked

"Yes that's the one. You don't have to worry about anything he's fully trained and he used to serve in the army so you'll be well protected." I said confidently

"Okay but he must stay near the car. If he wants to go into the circus, that's fine but I don't want him to be too obvious." Cutie said

I thought about it for a second. Malcolm will be doing his job but he won't be near cutie the whole time. Not that I don't think Madison can't protect him but I just want to be safe.

"Okay I'll make sure that he either stays near the car or he could go to the circus but not be too obvious." I said

"Great, I'm heading home right now to get ready. I miss you." He said in a shy voice.

"I miss you too and have fun" I said before hanging up.

Spencer's POV

I arrived at my apartment to get ready for the circus. I wish Jason could give me an early warning. I didn't even know there was a circus in town.

Once I was finished getting ready I heard a knock on my door. I walked towards it and opened the door and saw a man with green eyes and jet black hair looking at me with a serious expression

He was wearing a black suit and tie. He kind of reminded me of hotch. We stood there for a minute before I started talking.

"Can I help you?" I ask in a hesitant tone. I may be an FBI agent but I get scared sometimes.

"My name is Malcolm I'll be escorting you along with Madison to the circus." He said

"Oh you're the head of security Jason told me about." I said

"Yes that's me." He said slightly smiling

He brought me to a car he was a SUV. It's just like the ones we use on cases.

He opens the back seat door and there I see Madison sitting there. She turns to me and smiles.

"Hello Spencer nice to see you again." She said

Even though me and Jason were dating we barely got to see each other. And when we do it was always small talk.

"Hey Madison glad you could join me to the circus although I'm pretty sure it was by force the way Jason said it." I said

She laughed a little at this. I look at her and noticed she's not wearing her usual uniform. She's wearing a red crop top with a black leather jacket and black jeans with boots. She has light makeup with red lipstick on.

"I love what you're wearing." I said smiling at her.

"Thanks I love what you're wearing too." She said smiling at me

I was wearing a white long sleeve shirt with light brown jeans. I usually wear a vest but this time I decide not to.

We arrived at the circus and got out the car. We went to the front to get our tickets when I tried to pay she pulled out a credit card and said that Jason told her to use it.

Once we got in I saw different tents with different games and there was a bunch of rides. We went on the rides although most of them she didn't go on because she hated heights.

We go to the tent's and play different games. That was until she heard her phone ring. We both look at her phone and it was a text from Jason.

"Seems he can't go 5 minutes without wondering what you're doing." She said it was teasing voice

I laugh at this. She text back telling him we're okay and we're about to leave. We play a couple more games before we head to the car. We see Malcolm there with a couple snacks in hand.

"I see you had some fun." I said smiling at him.

"I thought there was a couple of snacks and I was hungry." He said smiling.

He opens the door for us and we go inside the back seat. We pull out the circus not knowing we're being watched.

We pull up to the Black family mansion as I have been spending the night there sometimes. Since I've been given the tour of the mansion I know which way to go to the bedroom.

Once I'm there I see Jason lying in bed. I walk to the bathroom and change into my pajamas before crawling into bed with him.

"Did you have fun?" He asked

"Yeah. Me and Madison had a good time. Even Malcolm though he went after snacks." I said cuddling into his chest.

"Yeah he's like that he mostly goes after food and snacks. Yet still keeps his body healthy and strong." He said

"I wish you were there." I said tired late my eyes dripping begging for sleep.

"Me too." He said pulling the covers over us and turning off the lamps on the side of the bed.

"Good night love you." I said without thinking before falling asleep

I could have sworn before I fell asleep I heard him say 'I love you too cutie'. I hope I was right we've never said I love you in the 4 months we've been dating. I do love him I was always afraid to say it. I'll deal with it tomorrow.