16

Ha-rin

"What is wrong with this world?" Han sighed as he stretched his whole body out on his chair and leaned his head back. "Everything will eventually go back to normal." Felix sighed as he ran a hand through his hair.

"When though?" Lee Know questioned, staring down at the floor. Felix shrugged his shoulders. "I guess when we're all out of he." He said, "somewhere safe. Where we can't worry about anymore zombies, don't have to fight for survival and everything is back to the way it was."

Everyone sat in silence as Felix's words sunk into us deeply. 

"What about I.N? If he's immune, do the bites affect him now?" Han asked and we all turned to I.N and Clarity who were talking to each other by the window.

"Probably." Bangchan said, leaning his elbows against his knees.

"Shit, that's not fair." Han whined, mimicking Bangchan's position. 

"He still has some sort of zombie in him." Clara muttered who was sitting out of the circle, her back turned to us. "But he isn't completely a zombie." Bangchan told her and I could feel her eyes roll as she hung her head. 

"So he's a half-bie?" Han questioned, looking proud of himself for making up a new word.

"Half-bie?" Seungmin repeated and Han nodded.

"Short of half zombie, like half and half?"

"Like half spicy, half sweet?" Changbin said and Han nodded. Changbin groaned and held his stomach. "I could really use some chicken."

"Changbin, stop thinking about your stomach." Lee Know snapped and Changbin leaned back in his chair and glared at Lee Know who glared back.

"There's probably some food in here, I remember helping deliver food from our restaurant." Hyunjin said and got up from his chair and made his way to the other door in he room. He jiggled the door handle, but it wouldn't budge open. "Shit, it's locked." He hissed. Bangchan pushed him to the side and started barging his shoulder into the door.

"Chan, you'll attract the zombies." Han hissed and Bangchan immediately stopped and tried the door handle again but gave up when the door didn't open. Hyunjin and Bangchan came back to sit down and sighed in defeat.

Something beeped in the room and we all looked up at Clara. "No music please." Seungmin whined, squeezing his eyes shut and leaning his head back.

"My mother...and father, came to this school to save me." Clara said quietly, but we could all hear her. She was talking to the video camera the school choir uses. "My brother died trying to save us. None of the Rescue Department has come for us and they never will. They've abandoned us and if anyone does see this, punish them."

I glanced down at my lap in shame. My father should've come for us by now.

"Hi mum, dad." Clara cried, "Jeremy, you're there too I know. I'll stay alive and I'll get revenge. I'll kill every single monster." She turned the camera off and sat it beside her. Seungmin stared at the camera before grabbing it and turning it on. "Hey mum and dad." He said, waving at the camera. "Uh, I'm here with some of my classmates who are very good to me. Uh... I miss you both very much and I really hope to get out of this mess soon."

Seungmin finished his video and looked around and Han held out his hand and took the camera and started recording. "Uh... song and lyrics by the amazing Han Jisung coming in." He said and nudged Bangchan. "Give me a beat." He hissed at him and Bangchan started tapping his foot.

"이렇게 밖에 말을 못 하고 대담한 척해 봐도
너의 눈을 바라볼 때면 여전히 난 굳어
내겐 이 모든 게 낯설고, 지금 느끼는 이 감정도
첨이지만 설레고 기대돼 떨리는 순간마저도." 

Translation: 
"Even if I can only say this and pretend to be bold
When I look into your eyes, I still freeze
All of this is unfamiliar to me, and the feelings I feel right now
It's the first time, but even the moment when I'm excited and nervous."

Han finished his small song and Bangchan stopped tapping his foot.

Everyone had a go and speaking to the camera and then Hyunjin passed it to me. 

It was only me and my father, Hyunjin was the only one who knew about that. But it's nice to send a message to someone you love. I opened the video camera and held it up to my face once it started recording. "Hey dad." I said quietly, feeling the tears forming as I thought of him. "We've been waiting for help, and I've been waiting for you, but we're holding on together. You're always saying staying healthy is better then good grades. You said that if I needed anything you'd be there in a heartbeat. But, I hope you're ok. You have to be ok. You don't have to save me..." The tears started falling down my cheeks and my voice started breaking. "But I would really like you here at the moment. I love you dad, I really do love you and I'm sorry I don't say it very often." I sobbed. I stopped recording and closed the camera as I sobbed.

Hyunjin took the camera out of my hands and wrapped an arm around me for comfort and I just cried in his chest.

Felix took the camera and walked over to I.N and Clarity. "You can say something as well if you want to." He told them.

I.N nodded and took the camera from him. "I don't have much to say, but thank you." He said. Felix gave a small smile and walked back to our small group.