Chapter Nineteen

Izzy POV

I woke up early again, but I didn't try to go back to sleep. I actually climbed down my ladder and walked the path to the orphanage. I tip-toed quietly on the path, but I was still pretty fast. Once I made it there, I navigated the way to the Chamber. Surprisingly, the Chamber was the only thing that was unharmed. I opened the door and walked inside. It was exactly how I remembered it, weapons and all. I sat down in the center of the room and closed my eyes. Even though this place was very dangerous and was designed to make people go insane, being left alone with my thoughts for a few moments was very peaceful. After a few minutes though, I got bored. I looked around and saw a polished silver sword. I decided to pick it up and swing it around a couple times for fun. Doing this made me think back to the time when I was 5 ½ and I almost cut my hand off because I was swinging a sword in this room. I still had the scar on my wrist from that time, and sometimes, it still hurts.

 I still had the scar on my wrist from that time, and sometimes, it still hurts

Ready to leave, I set down the sword and left the ruins. I walked down the path back to my treehouse and climbed up the ladder. I changed into a casual outfit and made some breakfast. I was a bit tired, so I only made some sugar toast and a blackberry and dragon fruit smoothie. I grabbed my backpack and started my way to school, scanning my TikTok and Instagram for Eia. She wasn't on TikTok, but she was on Instagram. I followed her and put away my phone. As I walked to school, all I could think about was a song that Eia used to sing to the younger kids. It was called 'Dream Your Dream' and it was one of my favorite songs. "Hush now, drift off to sleep. Reality a memory." I hummed as I walked to school.

"Izzy!" Wynter called from behind me. "What are you doing?" I stopped walking and looked at Wynter. I extended my hand for a handshake, but she hugged me instead. I hugged her back, remembering the hug that Eia gave me when she had left. We walked to school together and I even shared my drink with her. Of course, we got to school early, so I began drawing on my iPad. While I was drawing, Wynter started braiding my hair. I tensed up a bit. Eia used to braid my hair. I inhaled deeply to relax and continued drawing. I decided to mix up my drawing, so I used a filter that imitated the look of 3-D glasses to draw Jett and Reyna from Valorant. Every once in a while, Wynter would look at my screen and chuckle. "I never knew you liked any particular game that much."

"It's a relaxing game. The best way, in my opinion, to relieve your anger." I replied. Wynter did a hum in acknowledgement and continued braiding. After a few moments, Willa came over and joined Wynter with braiding my hair. Understandable. I have a lot of hair.... No. That's an understatement. I coughed a couple times and worked so freaking hard on finishing my drawing. While I was drawing, I continued humming Dream Your Dream. "Don't be scared of what you find. Yeah, it's all just in your mind. Monsters that live inside your head at night, they are alright. 'Cause they can never compare to the ones that live outside."

"What's that song?" Wynter asked.

"Dream Your Dream." I answered, only half focused.

"Is it from anything?" Willa tried to clarify.