How should I start?

So here I am...
I'm Moonbyul, 23 years old, single and an Officer in LAPD (Los Angeles Police Department)

My biggest dream to become a detective, but I have so many steps forward.

In the year of 2023 I finish my studies and became a police officer beside Kang Seulgi. She's my partner, I always count on her, she is my best friend. We met a few months ago, she really didn't like me at first because you know, I'm a rookie and have no experience, but now we really get along. Sometimes we hang out after work or go to see a movie in the cinema. She always up to something, like drinking or talking or both. We became BFF in a short amount of time.

So back to the present, we are heading to get our gear, and get in the car.

-So how was your head after the massive amount of alcohol we consume last day? Seulgi asked.

I shake my head because I really dont want to talk about it like really...

-Please leave me alone...you know I can't handle that much of Vodka.

-Yeah, thats why I'm asking dumbass. Seulgi laughed at me.

-Can we just leave and catch some bad guys? I asked with my hands on my head.

-As you wish, Rookie. Said Seulgi and start the engine.

We are on the road now, scanning the streets and looking for some trouble to handle. And like that our radio rings.

-Units available! There's an armed robbery on the corner of S. normandie Ave and Rolland Curtis Pl. Hostage situation, repeat, there maybe hostages in the building.

-Come on Seul, we gotta hurry. I said while turning on the siren.

As I say, Seulgi step on the gas pedal, and do a slight drift while turning left on the street. We are just 5 blocks away, so there is a chance that maybe we are going to be the first to arrive at the destination.

We got out of the car and took cover to analyse the situation. So I see 2 armed man at the bank shouting to the hostages. Talking of the hostages there are dozen of of them. This is not good, this is not good at all.

-What should we do? Should we wait for backup? I asked.

-We gotta do something, or else they kill someone for God's sake. Seulgi yelled because of the noise of the alarm.

So as I mentioned I'm not that qualified, I'm just learning these kind of stuffs, but I knew I had to do something. I gather all my courage and strengh to run towards the emergency exit. Seulgi covers me, so I arrived there safe and sound. I peek in, and its a 100% there are just two robber inside. I make a sign to Seulgi that she can come near because they don't know we are here, and now we are sneaking in.
It is strange that there are no other police units, it feels strange but I have to concentrate on hostages and get them out before anyone gets hurt.