Crime and punishment

Wheein's pov

Waaaaaa, it was a really long two days. We worked on the CT case and prepared all the documents we'll need. Cruz talked with Faith and thank god she's coming to the prosecutor's office. On the other hand Byul called Johnson but he's not coming. The meeting will take place in this afternoon. Unfortunately I can't go because I have to deal with this Hollis case. We agreed with Byul that I investigate a little while they are at the prosecutor. I hope they can catch this bastard.

I came home today morning to freshen up myself. We were at the station in the previous days and barely got any sleep. I need to sleep an hour before I go back to work, just a little nap. And as I shutted down my eye on the couch an excited Hyejin jumped on the top of me.

"Yaaay, you're homeee." She said happily and kissed me all over my face.

"I'm happy to see you toooo Hyejinaaa, but I really need some sleep." I stated

"Okay, then cuddle with me. I'm going to be the big spoon this time." She said with a hint of excitment in her voice.

"Fineeee, just sleep." I said in a tired tone.

She climbed over me and layed down behind my back then positioned herself to be the big spoon. Not going to lie, it's so comforting. She's gonna be the big spoon all the time. I fell asleep in no time.

I slept about 3 hours when I woke up to a snoring little lion. Cute. I checked the clock on the wall and it's 7am. Time to do my morning routine and cook breakfast for us. I woke up Hyejin to eat breakfast and now we're sitting on the couch munching our food. She looks a little stressed and worried. Wonder what got into her.

"Hey baby, everythings alright? Don't you like the food? I can cook something else for you if so?" I tried to interrogate Hyejin.

"It's just....so many of them died now. I don't want you to be killed by some bullshit maffia gangster, or a fucking drug lord." She spitted it out fighting with her tears.

"Nooo baby, it's going to be okay. I'm careful and nobody's going to hurt me I promise." I said hugging her.

"I can't lose you. We've been through so much horrible stuff, I can't live without you Wheeinah." She said

My heart melted. Such an inoccent, pure hearted baby lion. I love her so much.

"You don't have to live without me." I said

And then she stood up and searched for something under the TV shelf. She found it then got back beside me.

"If you say so....then...." She got a jewelry box.

"Will you spend the rest of your life with me Jung Wheein?" She asked nervously.

I jumped into her neck yelling and laughing.

"YEEEES YEEEEES YEEEEES OF COURSE I AM OMG." I shouted

She putted me down and placed the ring on my finger. I am touched by her little surprise. How did she do that? I mean I worked my ass off these days but she can always surprise me. I'm the luckiest girl alive.

"Thank youu honey, I'm the happiest." I said then gave her a kiss.

"No, I am the happiest." She said

It's such a shame I have to go to work today. But what a beautiful start of the day. Nothing can ruin my mode.

I headed back to the station to start the case that the captain assigned to us.

Marcel Hollis. 35 years old black male. The head of the Monkey Pill business. Monkey pill huh? Idiot.
Cruz said that she had some confrontation with this dude so she'll help us after that case is finished.