Calm

Moonbyul's pov

The day came. My first official day back in the job. I have to say I'm a bit worried, weeks passed, but I think I'm ready. I woke up early this day. I took a shower and got dressed up in my uniform. Now I'm making breakfast, the smell lingers the living room of my small condo. I fried the eggs when suddenly a certain someone backhugged me. I never felt this pleasant all of my life before.

"Looking great today." She said still hugging me.

"And I'm not even trying" I said jokingly.

"I'm happy your ego is still on top." She said giving a kiss on my face.

"What's for breakfast?" She added

"Eggs, bacon and toast. The best for the best." I said smiling.

"Greasy..." she sighed.

Yong made the table ready while I finished cooking our food. I plated the eggs like two eye and the bacon like a smile. That's how you start a great day.

"I see you're happy that you can go back" She said.

"Of course, I missed the duty. But it would be nice being with you for a little more." I said

"I'll wait for you here." She said then started to eat.

We ate silently, the food was simple but good. I saw that she has some trouble eating properly. She ate some but just a few bite. I wonder what's wrong.

"Aren't you hungry? Or is it not that good?" I asked sadly.

"Noo, it's yummy, I just can't really it now." She stated

"What's wrong baby?" I asked making my way next to her.

"I'm gonna miss you." She said looking down on her plate.

"Don't be silly, just 12 hour and I'm back here again. Call Hyejin or somebody else and go have a coffee or something. You dont have to be alone here." I said giving her a hug.

"I know, just we got together not a long ago and I feel like we have no time for each other." She said

"I'll always have time for you I swear."

She smiled a little, I hope I could make her happy. This relationship thingy is new for me, so I try to be enough for here.

She hugged me then gave me a kiss.

"Promise me, you'll be careful."

"Of course! I have somebody to come home to now." I said with grease smile on my face.

"Aish, you little cheesy monkey" she said laughing

I washed the dishes then grabbed my stuff and headed to the door.

"Come here." I said to Yong.

She hurried herself into my arms. I hugged her so tight that I almost broke her.

"Be careful, and text me whenever you can." She said

"I'll be. Make yourself comfortable here, and tell me if you need anything." I said giving her a long passionate kiss.

"I can get used to this every morning Ms. Moon." She said

"Then I'll do that every morning Ms. Kim." I said giving another kiss for her.

"I'll be here around 8 pm." I said

"I'll wait for you" she said then I went to work.

I took the bus as usual. I enjoy the ride. I listen music and just looking out of the window. Relaxing. I wonder how I got this lucky. I mean, a few weeks ago, I almost died, and now, I got the girl. Lide is unpredictable they say, and I never believed in it before, but maybe, just maybe there're angels whose looking down and help us. Like my mom did. I wonder how they're doing. Pop surely catch bad guys up there too. I didn't mentioned but my father was an officer too. That's why I'm here right now. I'll make him proud of her only daughter, I hope they can see me now.

I made it mom.

I got off the bus, I'm about 2minutes from the LAPD building. I'm getting more and more nervous with each step I made. And then when I turned right at the corner...

"SURPRISE" They screamed.

Firstly they scared the shit out of me. But when I took a glimpse I saw Wheein, Seulgi,Cruz and other officers and detectives are standing in front of the building with a label that says

'Welcome back Officer Moon'

I was very surprised and touched at the moment. I never expected this. I fought with my tears but they won, and now I'm crying like a baby.

Wheein hurried to me then gave me a big ass hug.

"Don't be such emotional, I now you're happy that we became partners." Wheein teased me.

"I cry because I'm not happy about that." I shoot back.

"Aish, you little bitch." She hugged me again.

"Welcome back Byul." Seulgi said and she gave me a hug too.

"Hey guys, I'm soo happy to see you." I said honestly

"Hey there kiddo. I'm really glad you're okay. I wanted to thank you that...you know. And uhhh, I would like to talk with you in private." Det. Cruz said

"Of course Detective." I said

"Okay okay, we're all happy you came back Officer Moon, but let's go to work." The captain said.

"Yes Captain!" I saluted.

"Moon, to my office, now." He ordered

"Sir yes sir!" I said.

What does he want?

I followed the Captain to his office.

"Sit down." He said

I sat down, then waited for him to tell me what's going on.

"The Internal Control wants to destroy you. I knew what you did..."

"I can explain sir." I tried to interject.

"No need. I understand what you did. That was not the best way to handle that situation but I understand and you were that smart that you got away with it. But you made CT Finney your enemy. I wanted to say, that I'll protect you as long as I can, but thats not forever. You need to talk with him and sort things out." He finished.

"Thank you Sir. I'm going to do that." I said then left his office.

I made my way to our car, and got in. I sat on the passenger seat and Wheein drove.

"Everything's alright?" She asked

"We have to find something about Cathel Finney before he frames me or worse...kills me." I stated

"About him you really need to talk with Cruz." She said calmly.

"I'll find some time for her." I stated

Yongsun's pov

Boooooooooring.

What should I do with myself? I'm here at Byul's condo, but I don't want to look around, that would be rude. I won't watch TV, it's boring.

I should really call Hyejinah. She's in the same boat as me, Wheein's working too.

"Hellooouuu?!" She asked

"Hey my dear friend." I started cheesy.

"You're alone too, huh?" She asked like she knows everything.

"Don't you want to come here and enjoy my company?" I asked

"I'm leaving right now." She said laughing then hung up.

Yaaay, I won't be alone here.

Hey guys!

That's a calm and relaxing chapter with no chaos and bad guys. I'm figuring out now how to continue so it will take a bit more time than usually. Sorry!

I hope you enjoy my story, please leave a comment about it.

Luca