2. Illegal Magic

''It will heal, will it not, maester?' Alicent offered

'The flesh will heal. But the eye is lost, Your Grace." Maester Kelvyn remarked solemnly.

''Where were you?'' Alicent spat slapping Aegon

''Me? Ow! What was that for?'' Aegon said flinching away from Alicent.

''That was nothing compared to the abuse your brother suffered while you were drowning in your cups, you fool.'' Alicent sneered.

"Healing magic. Healing magic." Davina murmured.

"He lost the eye there is no regrowing an eye." Mattheo whispered as aemond was sewed back up.

"There has to be something we can do! We are wizards!" Davina reminded him. "Aemond is family."

"I didn't bring my books with to a funeral for illegal magic, Dav." Mattheo remarked.

"Think of something we have think of something." Davina begged when alicent got up fury in her eyes.

''How could you allow such a thing to happen? I will have answers.'' Viserys demanded as a maester tended to Aemond

''The princes were supposed to be abed, My King.'' Harrold told him

''Who had the watch?'' Viserys spat

''Young prince was attacked by his own cousins, Your Grace.'' Criston reminded him.

''You swore oaths to protect and defend my blood!'' Viserys shouted in outrage.

''What happened? Jace? Luke! Show me. Show me.'' Rhaenyra demanded holding his face in her hands. ''Who did this?'' Rhaenyra asked Theo and he shook his head, he didnt know what happened, he was in bed with Davina and Mattheo and vaera, already itching to get back to school after the year they had. 

''They attacked me!' Aemond spat

''He attacked Baela!''

''He broke Luke's nose!'' they were all shouting contradicting statements. 

"I don't know I was a good boy." Theo assured. He looked back at Davina and wanted her to stand by him and his brothers but instead she was with Mattheo, Mattheo Strong.

''He stole my mother's dragon!'' Rhaena shouted

''Enough.'' Viserys said but they didn't stop.

''He was gonna kill Jace!'' Luke shouted back.

''I didn't do anything!'' Aemond shot back his eye sewed up a long stitch over his left eye.

''Enough...'' Viserys said louder

''It should be my son telling the tale! He called us...''

''Silence!'' Viserys demanded his cane pounding into the ground.

'He called us bastards." Luke whispered to Rhaenyra. Theo looked up at that. Aemond called them bastards, he knew it was true, everyone did but Luke it seemed. Rhaenyra huffed out a breath. 

''Aemond... I will have the truth of what happened. Now.'' Viserys demanded

''What else is there to hear? Your son has been maimed. Her son is responsible.'' Alicent spat

''It was a regrettable accident.'' Rhaenyra spoke up for her boys.

''Accident? The Prince Lucerys brought a blade to the ambush. He meant to kill my son.'' Alicent reminded her viciously

''It was my sons who were attacked and forced to defend themselves. Vile insults were levied against them.'' Rhaenyra corrected. 

"Viserys is doing nothing." Aegon muttered. "Of course not. Those bastards and rhaenyra will always be better than the rest of is." Davina saw the hurt in his eyes.