8. Here We Go

"Im so glad you are okay!" Vaera declared hugging harry. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too." Harry agreed.

"Hey." Ron waved back at them.

"Hi ron. I missed you too." Vaera added.

"Yeah yeah." He mused. Vaera beamed back at harry.

"Helaena!" Aemond demanded. "Where did you wander off to?"

"I went to the bookshop." Helaena answered. "I needed more parchment. Got myself a pretty-"

"You went alone?" Aemond demanded. "When we got here you were just gone. I was worried about you." Aemond added softer.

"Im sorry Aemond. But I can take care of myself. You know that." Helaena countered.

"Its my duty as your brother to protect you." Aemond corrected

"Little brother." Helaena corrected kissing his cheek. "Thank you Aemond. I promise to bring you with next time." She assured before running off.

"Theo," jace said nervously. "I dont want to... be in ravenclaw no i want to be with you."

"Im sorry Jace. But Im always around." Theo assured "its the rules. The hat picks. But we can hang out at meals and in the library. On the quidditch pitch too." Theo assured. "You will like your house. The hat knows what he is talking about."

"Ms Davina you came here with a purpose?" Severus questioned.

"Did i? Hmm," she tapped a finger to her chin. "I forgot. See ya later Severus."

"Ms Davina." Severus cleared his throat staring down at her.

"See later professor." Davina agreed. "Even though I have seen you in your knickers and think we are past formality," she added with a shrug as Severus turned a shade of Targaryen red.

It was weird being back. The girls communicated through their charmed lockets again. The gifts their father gave them to stay connected. Davina touched the little locket with a D on it. She knew it connected to vaeras necklace up in the gryffindor common room. She tapped it thrice and vaera got a little buzz. She smiled touching her own locket three times.

I love you. Both girls whispered before turning out the lights.

☀️

"Morning, everyone." Sprout declared, she tapped the stand to get everyone's attention. "Good morning, everyone." She repeated louder.

"Good morning, Professor Sprout." the class echoed.

"Welcome to Greenhouse 3, Second Year. Now, everyone please, gather around. Today, we're going to repot Mandrakes. Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?" Hermione and vaera rose their hands. "Yes, Miss Targaryen." Davina looked up panic in her eyes. Herbology was not her strong suit.

"Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it." Vaera answered hermione nodded in agreement.

"Excellent, ten points to Gryffindor!" Sprout declared. Theo and Aemond rolled their eyes.

"Now, as our Mandrakes are still only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet, but they could knock you out for several hours, which is why I've given each of you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection, so if you could please put them on right away." Davina looked at the ear mufflers looking to Theo already putting them on.

"These dont seem strong enough to protect from anything." Davina objected. Draco took the ear muff from her hands and put them on her ears.

"They are loud little fuckers." Draco whispered. "And you look so cute." Davina rolled her eyes.

"Quickly, flaps tight down." Sprout went on. "Now, watch me closely. You grasp your Mandrake firmly, you pull it sharply up out of the pot." She pulled up a plant, revealing a root that resembles a monstrous screaming baby. Alarmed the kids flinched back. "Got it? And now you dunk it down into the other pot and pour a little sprinkling of soil to keep him warm." Theo glanced across the table to see Neville fall to the floor. "Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs." Sprout tsked. Draco chuckled.

"No, ma'am, he's just fainted." Seamus corrected.

"Yes, well... just leave him there. Right, on we go. Plenty of pots to go around. Grasp your Mandrake and pull it up."

"She's wicked. I thought she was supposed to be in hufflepuff." Theo whispered.

"Watch out for the quiet ones." Davina murmured.

+

"Look, everyone, Weasley's got himself a Howler." Seamus shouted.

"Whats that?" Davina questioned as Draco sat beside her.

"It's never good. It's humiliating, I personally have never gotten one." Draco boasted. "But of course Weasley did."

"Go on, Ron. I ignored one from my Gran once. It was horrible." Neville whispered ashamed. Ron hesitated but opened it, the letter started form before his eyes and his mothers screaming voice came out.

"RONALD WEASLEY!  HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER'S NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT!" Mrs Weasleys voice echoed. Vaera flinched back into Harry as the letter shouted on and on.

"Heavens!" Vaera declared. "We dont have those in westeros." She whispered. Harry watched wide eyed as well, this was new to him.

"IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME!" The letter turned to Ginny, the voice softening. "Oh, and Ginny dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud." The tongue of the letter stuck out at ron before tearing itself up.

"That was hilarious!" The slytherins were cackling out. Ron was too embarrassed to look up.

+

"This guy really loves himself." Aemond remarked. There were moving pictures of their new defense against the dark arts professor on every wall, on every square inch of every wall.  "Almost as egoistic as-" Aemond stopped himself as the door swung open.

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher: me, Gilderoy Lockhart." Lockhart declared.

"Wow, really full of himself." Davina agreed.

" Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-time winner... of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award." He smiled brightly.

"I met him. At the bookshop" harry whispered to vaera.

"He's famous?"

"Im not a fan." Ron cut in.

"But I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at him" Gilderoy laughed at his own joke. The girls in the class all seem starstruck by Lockhart while the boys just seem to be confused. Davina and vaera were not star struck they thought he seemed very lannister. Lockhart suddenly pulled out his wand. "Now, be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind."

"Here we go." Theo agreed leaning in.