12. Trouble

"Could I have your attention, please? Right. Now, today, we will be transforming animals into water goblets. Like so." Minerva turned to a bird resting on a post to her right, tapping it with her wand as she speaks. "One, two, three, Vera Verto." a stream of magic emits from her wand, and the bird becomes a goblet.

"Vera verto!" Vaera repeated fondly. "Its like i have my own personal transfiguration." Minerva smiled back at her. "Vera verto. Its pretty to." She added softly. Harry loved how innocent and sweet vaera was. How she found pleasures in the little things.

"Now it's your turn. Who would like to go first?" she walked the room. "Vaera?"

"Yes please." She agreed. "But I dont have a-"

"You can borrow my toad." Neville offered.

"Thank you. Hello trevor. Does this hurt them?" Vaera questioned.

"Not if done correctly." Minerva answered.

"No pressure." Vaera agreed. "Vera Verto!" She declared with a swish of her wand and trevor the toad was a perfect goblet.

"That was brilliant." Harry declared. "You are brilliant." Vaera blushed tucking her silver hair behind her ear.

"Wonderful. Whos next? Ah! Mr. Weasley. One, two, three, Vera Verto."

"Ahem!" Ron agreed clearing his throat and silently taps his wand towards Scabbers three times. "Vera Verto." his wand causes Scabbers to turn into a furry goblet with his tail moving around while squeaking; Harry and some of the other students grin and laugh as Ron picks up the Scabbers-goblet.

"I wouldn't drink out of that." Theo remarked honestly.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley. " Minerva remarked. Hermione rose her hand. "Yes, Ms. Granger?"

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets."

"Very well" She agreed considering this was the most intrigued the group had been all semester so far. "Well, you all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Now three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not."

" Three guesses who." Ron whispered to harry. Davina rolled her eyes. A few bad slytherins didnt make a bad house. All houses surely had a few rotten apples.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, pure-bloods." Minerva went on. Davina glanced to draco. She was mudblood or half blood but she still had magic. If she had children in the future they would be born of magic. They wouldnt have to question where they came from.

"Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now, according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Well, shortly before departing, he sealed it, until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The Heir alone would be able to open the Chamber, and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-borns." Hermione agreed. Professor McGonagall pointed her wand at her in an affirmative gesture.

"Well, naturally the school has been searched many times. No such Chamber has been found. " minerva assured.

"Professor, what exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?" Vaera questioned.

"Well, the Chamber is said to be home to something that only the Heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster"

"Wicked." Davina agreed. "Boys I think we need to go on a treasure hunt."

"Please dont go looking for trouble ms Davina." Minerva corrected.

"Nonsense thats my sister and her friends that are always causing trouble. Im the good one." Davina assured. Vaera rolled her eyes dramatically.

+

"Do you think it's true? Do you really think there is a Chamber of Secrets?" Vaera questioned as they walked. 

"Yes. Couldn't you tell? McGonagall's worried. All the teachers are." Hermione agreed. Aemond tensed, he didnt think he liked that idea. A deadly chamber within the school. 

" But if there really is a Chamber of Secrets, and it really has been opened, then that means..." Harry whispered.

"The Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts. The question is, who is it?" Hermione agreed.

" Let's think..." Ron suggested glancing to Draco, Crabbe and Goyle as they passed.

"What are you doing with them Aemond?" Draco questioned. "Come on!" Draco called out. 

"See ya vaera." Aemond agreed heading down to the slyhterin common rooms. 

 "who do we know who thinks all Muggle-borns are scum?" Ron went on. 

"If you're talking about Malfoy..."

"Of course! You heard him: "You'll be next, mudbloods." Ron repeated.

"I heard him. But Malfoy, the Heir of Slytherin?" Hermione countered in disbelief. Vaera glanced back at aemond as he headed off. 

"He is Davina's friend and we might be mudbloods, he wouldnt hurt her, he loves her." Vaera countered. "I dont think its him. He's just rude."

"Well, maybe Ron's right, Hermione. I mean, look at his family, the whole lot of them have been in Slytherin for centuries." Harry agreed.

"That doesnt mean all Slytherins are evil." Vaera demanded. "My family is in slytherin right now, Davina isnt evil." harry gave her a sympathetic look. 

"Crabbe and Goyle must know. Maybe we could trick them into telling." Ron added.

"Even they aren't that thick. But there might be another way. Mind you, it would be difficult, not to mention, we'd be breaking fifty school rules, and it'll be dangerous, very dangerous."

"Keep me out of it." Vaera countered. "I need to study for potions."