20. Where are the Presents?

"Merry Christmas- What the fuck!"

"Davina." Rhaenyra scolded.

"You are not my mother." Davina sassed. "Where are the decorations? Where are the presents? We come back for christmas break and this is the thanks we get? Nothing?"

"I missed you too." Daemon agreed hugging her tightly.

"Fury gave me all the details on your lack of loving him," Davina sassed. "He needs snuggles and extra kisses every day and you have been slacking."

"He's a dragon." Daemon corrected and Davina gasped.

"He is my baby." Davina corrected. "Not only is there no christmas for us but Fury has been neglected."

"I missed you baby girl." Daemon smothered her to him.

"Where is father and Luke?" Jace questioned.

"And Joff?" Theo added. 

"Yeah where is Laenor?" Davina drawled out his name. "You havent gotten rid of him yet?" Rhaenyra glared back at her. "What? You forget I know everything."

"Laenor, Joffrey and luke are Visiting your grandparents at driftmark. Im sorry." Rhaenyra answered turning her attention to Jace and Theo while ignoring davina best she could.

"Next year we go to the malfoy manor." Aegon decided. "What? We got an open invitation."

"Davina why do you have a snake?" Alicent questioned.

"This is Sssseraphina and oh AEMOND!" Davina demanded. 

"Dont." Aemond grumbled. 

"What?" Aegon questioned confused. 

"But its so cool!" Davina declared. 

"It really is kind of cool." Vaera agreed, Davina was a loud mouth and considering she didnt tell Mattheo and only Vaera was saying something. 

"Mattheo, how was the first semester?" Larys questioned, hugging his little brother. 

"Really good, but our defense against the dark arts professor is a dud, again." Mattheo grumbled. "You have to start teaching me." He whispered. 

"We shall keep working but you know you are under the age limit, although it is less likely the council comes after you for under age magic here, I dont know that you want to risk being put on their radar." Larys remarked. 

"Davina stole my wand all summer before she started at school and she didnt get reprimanded." Mattheo corrected. 

Daemon smiled as Davina and Vaera told him all about the past few moons. They both clung to him realizing just how much they missed him.

Alicent doted on Aemond while Helaena ran off to her chambers busying herself with self given homework and a journal. Aegon strut off thinking himself the big man while Theo and Jace moved to Rhaenyra. Jace was more eager to tell Rhaenyra everything while Theo wished Luke was here. 

"Mum could we go to driftmark?" Theo questioned. 

"Yes. Of course, I just wanted to be here to greet you." Rhaenyra agreed wrapping an arm around Jace. "Lets go." Rhaenyra's gaze lingered on Daemon a moment longer but he was caught up in his girls. 

"Bye Vaera!" Jace waved back at her. "See you soon! Dont leave without us!" 

"Bye Jace!" Vaera declared. Theo moved to Davina kicking at the dirt.

"Hey."

"Hey." Davina answered pulling away from Daemon. "I will see you soon."

"Yeah." Theo agreed. 'Merry christmas, Dav."

"Merry christmas Theo." Davina kissed his cheek which fueled Mattheo's possessiveness. "Say hi to Luke and Joff from us." She added. 

"I dont want to go." Theo admitted. "But I want to see them and know they wont come here."

"I know." Davina assured. 

When daemon found davina fast asleep in bed her arm draped over Killer as he purred beside her, he couldnt help but wish they would stay this young forever. Never grow up. He was missing so many moons with them. Yes he knew that they wanted to leave. They wanted to go to school and learn and master their abilities. But he went from seeing them every day spending hours with them to seeing them every few moons it was a strange phenomena. Sending away his girls.

But luckily, he got to see them for Quidditch games.  Alicent hated traveling through the fireplace. She kept telling him that she was not Targaryen she was going to get burned.

Alicent liked the portkeys better. Less of a chance of catching on fire seems like a win-win.

"It's good having them back." Daemon remarked pouring alicent a glass of wine. 

"It is." Alicent agreed. "I hate sending Aemond off, did Helaena even come home? She vanished so fast." 

"She is hiding away in her hobbit hole." Daemon agreed passing off the glass. Alicent took a step closer to him but Seraphina slithered between them making alicent jump back. "Just a snake." Daemon chuckled bending down to pick her up. "Hello little fella... Seraphina... you are pretty, I see why davina claimed you." She slithered up daemon's arm.

"Careful it might strangle you." Alicent warned, Seraphina seemed to laugh at that as she stuck her split tongue out at Alicent. 

"What Davina said earlier about Rhaenyra..." Alicent whispered. 

"Yes, something that happened on driftmark." Daemon agreed. "It's in the past now."

"Would she be as hostile to me if..." Alicent took another step closer but Seraphina hissed out making her falter back again. 

"Probably." Daemon admitted. "But we won't tell her. Lets just enjoy having them home."