7. Expelled

"Where are boats this year?" Davina questioned as they were lead to horseless carriages.

"Where are the-" THeo began before it started moving on its own accord.

"Cool." Vaera whispered leaning into Hermione. "Did you see Harry?"

"No, Ron either." Hermione remarked.

"Why didnt snape just deliver us to the school?" Aegon grumbled.

"Because it's Jace's first year and he needs the full experience." Vaera offered as Jace sailed in on the boats.

"Maybe they snuck onto a boat on accident." Hermione offered.

"Yeah, maybe." Vaera agreed, she wanted to say hi to harry before everyone was together in the great hall but she supposed she had all year to see him every single day.

"Hey see you after," davina remarked veering off to slytherin territory. Vaera stuck by Hermione as they looked for ron and harry but still she didnt see them.

"Did you write harry or ron at all this summer?" Vaera questioned.

"No. I wanted to write you." Hermione countered.

"Yeah ravening to westeros-"

"Raven? You mean owls?" Hermione corrected.

"Well we use ravens. We dont even have telephones." Vaera remarked. "Makes keeping in touch hard." Albus stepped forward and the group quieted.

" I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch." Albus nodded to an old man and an even older shaggy cat. "-has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." Dumbledore remarked before sitting back down.

" When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses." Mcgonagall remarked.

"Where is Harry?" Vaera questioned Hermoine

"Where is Harry?" Vaera questioned Hermoine. "They should be here by now."

"They werent on the train." She answered. "Im getting really worried." Hermione agreed.

"Sara Snow."

"You think they are in trouble?" Vaera questioned. "Hurt? Or worse?"

"Lets hope for the best." Hermione countered glancing back at the doors.

"Ravenclaw!"

"Hey Dav, good summer?" Draco questioned.

"Great summer." Davina agreed. "Well it started off shitty but it ended good." Davina corrected glancing to Aemond.

"Oh shit!" Draco declared. "You lost an eye!"

"Yeah, I know." Aemond agreed.

"Hells, what happened?" Goyle questioned.

"I was attacked." Aemond bit back.

"Jacaerys Velaryon!" Was called out, he moved up the steps.

"Moment of truth." Davina did a drum roll on the table.

"Ravenclaw!" jace hesitated before looking to his brother at Slytherin and then the cheering blue robed table.

"Ravenclaw?" Theo questioned.

"How did you lose your eye?" Draco questioned. "I hope you kicked their ass."

"He did." davina agreed.

"But they deserved worse." Aemond hissed, he glaned to Theo, Theo wasn't there but it was his little brothers. Yes he knew what they did was wrong but they were his brothers, he was glad they were not demanded an eye for an eye. "my nephew stabbed me and got away with it. They could have gotten away with murder."

"Ginny Weasley!"

"You know you are welcome to malfoy manner," Draco remarked. "The lot of you. You won't lose any eyes."

"Gryffindor!"

"Might take you up on that." Aemond agreed.

"See you, Hedwig!" Harry declared as him and Ron ran up the steps. They were so late. "So a house-elf shows up in my bedroom, we can't get through the barrier to Platform 9¾, we almost get killed by a tree... clearly someone doesn't want me here this year." They ran right into Filch and he snarled back at them. Mrs Norris at his feet purring, tail whipping around though.

"Well, take a good look, lads. This night might well be the last you spend in this castle." Filch warned. "Oh, dear, we are in trouble." he smiled more devilishly.

"Hey professor," davina said with a knock on his door.

"Ms Davina what can I do for you?" Severus questioned. Severus was holding up a newspaper article about harry and rons flying car at King's Cross Station.

"What is that? A flying car?" Davina countered pulling the paper from him. "Oh Harry and Ron."

"Naturally." Severus drawled.

"Minus 100 points." Davina declared. Severus smiled down at her as Flich delivered them to Severus classroom. "Oh hello boys," davina waved the paper at them. "We were just talking about you."

"Bloody hell." Ron muttered.

"I really wish you were vaera." Harry whispered. Davina smirked back at them.

"You were seen by no less than seven Muggles!" Severus declared furiously he glared back at the boys. "Do you have any idea how serious this is? You have risked the exposure of our world. Not to mention the damage you inflicted on a Whomping Willow that's been on these grounds since before you were born!" Davina nodded along although she now wanted a flying car.

"Honestly, Professor Snape, I think it did more damage to us." Ron countered.

"Silence!" Severus demanded walking around his desk towards them. "I assure you... that were you in Slytherin and your fate rested with me, the both of you would be on the train home tonight!" Severus leaned in glaring back at them. Davinas smile widened "As it is..."

"They are not." Albus agreed. Harry, Ron, severus, and Filch turned towards the doorway to see Dumbledore standing there, accompanied by Professor McGonagall. Davina pickdd at her nails suddenly bored. She was still pissed at Albus from last year.

"Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall." harry answered embarrassed.

"Headmaster, these boys have flouted the Decree for the Restriction of Underage Wizardry. As such..." Severus began.

"I'm well aware of our bylaws, Severus, having written more than a few myself. However, as Head of Gryffindor House, it is for Professor McGonagall to determine the appropriate action." Albus assured.

"Writting bylaws and breaking rules all the same." Davina taked. "I dont know that you can be partial."

"We'll go and get our stuff". Ron whispered.

"What are you talking about, Mr. Weasley?" McGonagall questioned.

"Well, you're going to expel us, aren't you?" Ron pondered.

"Oh shit. Really?" Davina questioned. Severus put a hand on davinas shoulder silencing her.

"Not today, Mr. Weasley. But I must impress upon both of you the seriousness of what you have done. I will be writing to your families tonight. And you will both receive detention." She corrected and they let out a breath of relief, Ron wouldnt know how to tell his mum he got expelled. But Severus didn't look happy with this punishment.

"And now I suggest that we all return to the feast. There is a delicious-looking custard tart that I am most anxious to sample." Albus added.

"Vaera will be so excited to see you." Davina added. "Even more so since you know you arent being expelled."