3. Mudbloods

''Fire is such strange power. Everything that House Targaryen possesses is owed to it. Yet it has cost us both what we loved. Perhaps the Velaryons knew the truth of it.'' Rhaenyra remarked as her father sailed home. ''The sea is the better ally. Fire is a prison. The sea offers an escape.''

''A perversion of justice. The young prince... defiled. An outrage." Larys remarked limping up to Alicent.

''Indeed.'' Alicent agreed softly. Aemond stared out at the shores as Davina and Vaera waved goodbye. 

''If it's an eye you want to balance the scales, I am your servant.'' Larys offered

''That will not be necessary. But your devotion has not gone unnoticed. These are dangerous times. The day will doubtless come when I require such a friend.'' Alicent told him softly. ''With not only skill but discretion as well.''

''I shall await your call, my Queen.'' Larys agreed moving to his little brother. "Mattheo." 

"larys, or should I be calling you lord of harenhell now." Mattheo mused.

"The fires of hell burned brightly at Harenhal." Larys agreed. "A real shame, to go out in fire like that..." 

"People say it was like magic." mattheo added. "Like the fires started all by themselves, little fires everywhere." 

"I didnt hear that." Larys offered. 

"You should have. You did it." Mattheo countered softly. Larys offered him a coy smile. 

"What ever do you mean, brother?" Larys countered. 

"I know you are a wizard like me." Mattheo remarked. "I know you have magic... wandless magic too it seems which makes you very dangerous." 

"ANd how does that make you feel?" Larys pondered.

"Can you teach me?" mattheo questioned. "I want to be stronger like you." Larys smiled down at him, grabbing his shoulder. 

"We can train every day." Larys agreed. "A war is coming, I know it."

"Was our mother a witch?" Mattheo questioned. 

"She was." Larys agreed. "She was magnificent. Skipped over Harwin apparently."

"So thats why Theo is a wizard." Mattheo reasoned. "What about Aemond and Aegon and Helaena?" 

"Mudbloods is my guess. I can't find any wizards in their history. I have looked." 

"And Davina and Vaera's mother?" 

"She was a witch. She was beautiful... I knew her brother." Larys agreed. 

"Who was she? Daemon never told Davina or Vaera." Mattheo informed him. 

"Story for another day." Larys remarked. 

''I need you, Uncle.'' Rhaenyra told him as he leaned back against the stone wall. ''I cannot face the greens alone let us find our blood just as aegon the conqueror did with his sisters with you as my husband and prince consort my claim would not be so easily challenged the valeryan's are of the sea but you and I we are made of fire we have always been meant to burn together.' Rhaenyra declared.

'' We could not marry unless Laenor were dead.'' Daemon reminded her.

''I know.''

"What the hell guys?" Davina questioned. "Luke? Come on, thats death eater nonsense if I ever saw it." 

"Death eater?" Luke questioned. 

"We read about them." Theo remarked. "Scary wizards that fought for evil dark lords."

"Why attack Aemond? YOu just met those girls, you dont know them at all and yet you drew a blade at Aemond!" Vaera agreed flabbergasted. 

"He was shouting-"

"And when do words turn into vicious violence?" Vaera countered. "I'm very disappointed in you boys." 

"I'm sorry Vaera!" LUke whined crying into her. "Dont hate me!" 

"I dont hate you i'm disappointed there is a difference between the two." Vaera assured rubbing Luke's back. 

"Disappointed it worse." Davina informed them. 

"'I will not be a tyrant. And rule through terror.'' Rhaenyra assured.

''A tyrant rules only through terror.'' Daemon agreed ''If the King isn't feared, he is powerless. If you are to be a strong queen, you must cultivate love and respect, yes, but your subjects must fear you.''

'I do love Laenor.'' Rhaenyra told daemon softly.

''Then grant him this kindness. Set him free.'' Daemon told her confidently.

'' This will cost Lord Corlys and Princess Rhaenys their only remaining child. And the realm will whisper that I was somehow responsible.'' Rhaenyra remarked.

''Let them whisper.'' Daemon mused, ''We will know the truth of it and our enemies won't.'' Daemon said smugly.

''They will fear what else we might be capable of. '' Rhaenyra agreed with a wicked smile. 

"No.' Davina corrected marching up to them. "Just no." Theo stood beside his younger brothers as he watched Davina push Rhaenyra back. "You don't get to steal my father. You fucked Harwin strong and it got him killed. You are going to kill the boys father, Theo and Jace and Luke little Joffrey? You want to kill the last man they know to be their father for what?" Davina demanded.

"Davina." Daemon begged, couldn't she see, he would get a crown out of this, she would get a crown out of this if it worked.

"No, you are not this selfish," Davina corrected Daemon. "I love you father, but you will not marry this whore." Rhaenyra gasped glaring down at Davina.

"How dare you-" Rhaenyra rose her hand to slap Davina and that's when Daemon snapped himself.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on my daughter." Daemon demanded grabbing Rhaenyra's wrist.

"Did you hear what she called me?"

"I heard the truth." Daemon agreed. "Go back to your husband Rhaenyra... Come on girls. We are leaving."