22. Follow The Butterflies

"Could I have your attention, please? Because of recent events, these new rules will be put into effect immediately." Minerva declared, she read off the parchment. "All students will return to their house common rooms by six o'clock every evening. All students will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No exceptions" She demanded. "I should tell you this: unless the culprit behind these attacks is caught, it is likely the school will be closed."

Each house professor was giving a similar announcement. Davina gaped back at Severus. 

"Professor." Davina remarked moving to him. Severus turned to her. "This is really serious isnt it?"

"Yes." Severus agreed. "So although I know you like to wander the halls past hours, please behave, for your fathers sake if not mine." Severus requested. 

"But this thing isnt going to come after me, I'm not a full muggle born witch." Davina reminded him. 

"We dont know if..."

"You do know, tell me." Davina demanded. 

"You are quite bossy, Ms Davina."

"I know." She agreed. "Tell me."

"Pure bloods will be fine no doubt but... half bloods which is quite a lot of you and muggle borns are possibly in a lot of danger." 

"Because this things only wants pure blooded witches." Davina agreed. 

"Yes." Severus agreed softly. 

"But you are half blood." Davina corrected. 

"I- how did you know that?" Severus questioned. 

"I looked into you." Davina offered. 

"You did?" 

"I do my research, I like to be thorough." Davina agreed. 

"Either way, back to your chambers, Ms. Davina." Severus instructed. 

"We've got to talk to Hagrid, Ron. I can't believe it's him, but if he did set the monster loose last time, he'll know how to get inside the Chamber of Secrets, and that's a start." Harry declared.

"But you heard McGonagall. We're not allowed to leave the Tower except for class." Ron countered.

"I think it's time to get my dad's old cloak out again."

"This is uncomfortable." Vaera remarked as they walked under the invisbilty cloak.

"We should have left you in the room." Ron agreed. 

"Funny I was thinking the same about you." Vaera corrected. 

"Lame." Aegon remarked. 

"It's for our safety." Aemond corrected. 

"And if leaving is better for our safety?" Mattheo questioned throwing a piece of pop corn up and catching it in his mouth. "I mean we are sitting ducks here, think about it. We are all here, trapped in our common rooms just waiting for the monster to come and BAM!"

"Believe me, I take absolutely no pleasure being inside your..." Lucius looked around disgusted, "You call this a house?" He questioned. "No, I simply called up the school and was told the headmaster was here."

"And what exactly is it that you want with me?" Albus questioned.

"The other governors and I have decided it's time for you to step aside." Lucius informed him and held up a roll of parchment. "This is an order of suspension. You'll find all twelve signatures on it. I'm afraid we feel you've rather lost your touch, and what with all these attacks, there'll be no Muggle-borns left at Hogwarts." he added in a very insincere voice, bordering on sarcastic. "I can only imagine what an awful loss that would be to the school."