26. Youngblood

"What!" Davina demanded. 

"Stop shouting." Aegon grumbled. "I could hear you from-"

"Helaena was taken!" Davina demanded. 

"I figured you were more scary than professor McGonagall." Ron agreed. 

"SEVERUS!" Davina shouted running to his door and banging wildly. 

"She calls him by his first name?" Ron whispered cautiously. Severus pulled open the door, clearly annoyed. 

"Miss Davina-"

"Not time to reprimand me, Severus, Helaena was taken and Aemond and Vaera went after her!" Davina shouted. 

"What?" Severus demanded. 

"They found the entrance to the chamber of secrets and they are down there! Risking their lives!" Davina shouted. "Get some shoes on! We gotta go!" 

"thank you for getting me and not doing this on your own." Severus agreed. 

"I can see something," Vaera remarked peering through the hole they made. "I see... a very big snake..." 

"Keep pulling stones back, we have to be ready when hes got her!" Harry reminded Vaera. 

"Right, sorry. I'm just really worried about him."

"Me too." harry agreed. meanwhile Aemond was trying to evade the snake and make his way back to Helaena. 

"Yes, youngblood. The process is nearly complete." Tom declared. "In a few minutes, Helaena Targaryen will be dead, and I will cease to be a memory." Tom smirked. "Lord Voldemort will return... very... much... alive."

The Basilisk burst out of the water surrounding the Slytherin statue and thrashes about.

Aemond turned toward the Sorting Hat, where a sword magically appears. Aemond , without hesitation, grabbed the sword and held it up defensively as the Basilisk slithers toward him. Aemond was tried with the sword for years, this was something he knew how to do. The blade fit in the palm of his hand easily, he swung it around getting a feel for the weight before Aemond raced for the statue and began to climb it; the Basilisk blindly follows Aemond's movements, using its tongue to track his location and lifts its body off the floor. 

The Basilisk used its tongue again to find Aemond's current position directly in front of it; Aemond swung the sword at the Basilisk; it lunged directly at him, he dodges, and it smashes right into the statue. Aemond climbed higher as the Basilisk lunged at him again, missing again.

 Aemond climbed onto the top of the statue's head, the Basilisk lunged at Aemond repeatedly as he swung the sword wildly at the creature. Eventually, the Basilisk sent Aemond rolling down the side of the statue, causing him to lose the sword.

Aemond hurried to retrieve the sword; the Basilisk lunged right at Aemond once more. Aemond stopped the sword just in time, and rams it right through the Basilisk's upper jaw. The Basilisk bellowed in pain until Aemond pulled the sword out. Aemond screamed in pain as one of the Basilisk's venomous fangs just fell into his arm; he pulled the fang out, unfortunately, the venom is already in his bloodstream. 

"Aemond's hurt!" Vaera shouted. "He's hurt, something is wrong," Vaera whimpered. 

"VAERA!" Davina shouted. "VAERA!" 

"DAVINA!" Vaera ran back towards the entrance. But she couldnt see anything it was tunnels upon tunnels. But Davina's loud mouth echoed down. 

"How the fuck did you get down there?" Davina demanded. 

"How do we get them up?" Severus countered. 

The Basilisk thrashed around, roaring and bellowing in pain, collapsing under its weight, and fell backwards to the floor, dead, splashing water everywhere; Riddle stared at the Basilisk's corpse in disbelief. Aemond stood up victoriously but it didnt matter if he couldnt save his sister. 

" Remarkable, isn't it? How quickly the venom of the Basilisk penetrates the body. I guess you have little more than a minute to live." Tom declared. "Funny... the damage a silly little book can do... especially in the hands of a silly little girl." Aemond looked to the diary in Helaena's arm and carefully pulled it out, placing it on the floor between her and the Basilisk fang. "What are you doing?" Aemond picked up the Basilisk fang and holds it up while staring at Riddle, who immediately realized what Aemond was about to do. "Stop. No!"

Aemond took out all his rage on that stupid diary and he stabbed one of the diary's pages with the fang as Riddle stepped forward to try and stop him; Riddle's body crumbled and gave a discharge of yellow light; ink started to ooze from the diary, Riddle recoiled and growls with rage; Aemond pried the fang out. Riddle attempted to attack, but Aemond stabbed the other page, crippling Riddle, and causing him to crumble further.

"Aemond Targaryen." Aemond demanded. "Remember my name, remember my face, I'm the one that bested you." He hissed.  Aemond closed the diary and stabbed the cover with the Basilisk fang; Riddle screamed in agony and disintegrates into yellow particles; shortly after Riddle's demise, Helaena awakened, hyperventilating, and shot up right.

"Helaena." Aemond rasped hugging her. 

"Aemond, it was me. But, I swear, I didn't mean to... Riddle made me. And... Aemond ... you're hurt." Helaena whispered.

"Don't worry. Hela, you need to get yourself out. Follow the Chamber, and you'll find Vaera waiting for you. Go!" Aemond begged. 

"Aemond-"

Fawkes emitted a soft grunt, then lowered his head to Aemond's wound, and cried on it. the wound miraculously disappeared.

"Of course! Aemond!" Helaena declared.  "Phoenix tears have healing powers. " Helaena declared, Aemond stared at his healed arm. 

 "Thanks." he added "Do you know who's pheonix this is? He was really helpful, or do Pheonix's just lurk in hidden chambers waiting for someone to help?" Aemond mused helping Helaena up. 

"We could drop a ladder down." Davina decided. 

"I think we got a lift up." Harry corrected. 

"We are flying a Pheonix!" Vaera shouted. 

"What did she say?" Davina questioned. "WHAT DID YOU SAY! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"