(PART 2) 15

Part 2: 2 years later

Marcia Hendrix kissed her husband tenderly on the lips as they stood on the balcony, glasses of wine in their hands. It was the first real show of passion that had been between Marcia & Judah in awhile, since he was always busy. Marcia understood of course, and it didn't upset her too badly that he wasn't around to be "passionate" with her. She would never tell him, but she had fallen out of love with him a long time ago.
Sure, she had loved him during the honeymoon phase, but afterwards she got bored. The only reason she wouldn't leave him was because he was loaded with cash. Hell, he had even taken out a life insurance policy on her, so that she would get all of his money if and when he died, and boy was she thankful he had.
Marcia had a plan tonight, one she had been planning for awhile now. They were up on the balcony, both of them tipsy from the cherry wine within their glasses. Accidents were bound to happen. Tonight would be no different.

"It's beautiful out tonight." Dr. Hendrix said as he took in the view longingly. Marcia smiled as he wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tightly. Marcia was a great actress. She had been into acting before she decided to give up and just marry rich.
Dr. Hendrix would have given anything for his wife. He had to protect her. He couldn't protect his brother all those years ago, but he would make up for it for the rest of his life. Unfortunately, his life would be coming to an end very shortly.
"You know I love you right?" Marcia asked as she planted a kiss on his neck. Dr. Hendrix nodded before kissing her on the head. Marcia began to kiss him more passionately as she rubbed her hand up his firm chest. Dr. Hendrix returned the favor, and they began to make love. Marcia would admit for years to come that it had maybe been the best love making of her life. She knew deep down it was because of how much was on the line.

She backed him against the railing of the balcony once they were finished, and she planted one last kiss on his lips. "What are you doing?" Dr. Hendrix asked with concern as she pushed him harder against the railing.
"I think I'm cashing in that life insurance policy." Marcia said with a mirthless laugh before giving Dr. Hendrix a final shove that sent him tumbling to the ground below. The final thoughts that raced through Dr. Judah Hendrix's mind were only a second or two in length, but they felt like a lifetime. He saw his wife's taunting face as she watched him fall to his death, and the moment before he smashed into the concrete ground below, he saw his brother holding his hand out to him. Marcia assumed that he was reaching out for her, but as Dr. Hendrix's life was cut short by his skull smashing into the ground, he took his brother's hand and looked at the sky one last time.