03

Dr. Hendrix smiled when he saw Kiera's message. He had saved many lives in his 20 years of being a doctor, and this is why he did it. He loved that he could save people's lives. He had become infatuated with saving others after his brother had committed suicide. Dr. Hendrix still thought about it, and how if he had just been more vigilant and had stepped in, that maybe his little brother would still be alive. He felt like he needed to save everyone he could in order to make up for the loss of his brother.
Marcia Hendrix, who happened to be Dr. Hendrix's wife, looked at his phone and looked at her husband disapprovingly. "Who's that?" Marcia asked, not bothering to hide the annoyance in her tone. Dr. Hendrix looked at her and said, "She's just one of my patients Marcia. I saved her and a little girl from a car collision the other day."
He could never wrap his mind around why Marcia was so paranoid that he was cheating on her. He had never done anything to make Marcia begin to question his fidelity, and he had been nothing more than loving and kind to her in their 7 years of marriage.
Marcia would never say it to her husband, but she presumed that the women at his work would take any chance they could to steal Dr. Hendrix away from her. He was loaded after all. He made $250K a year, and he had a lavish mansion to match his lavish lifestyle. The only downside in Marcia's eyes was that she had nothing to show for it. She was a stay at home wife, making sure to keep the house clean.
She worried that he would find another fellow Doctor and decide to get with her, to get with a woman who could actually pull her weight. As much as Judah would convince her that he was nothing but loyal to her, she couldn't ever believe what he said.
Dr. Hendrix gave his wife a kiss on the cheek, before plugging in his phone and going to bed. Marcia looked over at her husband's sleeping form later that night. He slept soundly, while her thoughts kept her awake at night. She would catch him in the act, even if it killed her.