18

Margo had left Kiera's house feeling concerned, failing to cease the bad feeling she had in her gut. She had sworn that Kiera had moved on, but that news story regarding Dr. Hendrix's death had definitely pushed her over the edge. Margo had faith in Kiera, so she left her alone.

Kiera felt her heart shatter as she collapsed onto her bed, ensuring to close all of the curtains as she sobbed hysterically into her pillow. He was... gone. She didn't want to believe it, but no amount of denial would ever bring him back.
Kiera was upset, but she was also angry. Marcia Hendrix had absolutely murdered her husband. Kiera had gotten away with murder once, and she could tell in her soul that Marcia was the one who did the deed, most likely because of the life insurance policy that Dr. Hendrix had on her in case anything were to happen to him.
She clenched her bed sheets and began to scream in rage. "IF I EVER GET MY HANDS ON THAT BITCH, I'LL RIP HER LIMB FROM LIMB!" She shouted, her voice shaking. He was a good man, and he didn't deserve to die.
Cora Manning appeared in her daughter's vision, shooting an accusatory glance her way. "Wasn't I a good person Kiera? You killed your mother who loved you." Cora's ghost said. Kiera knew it was just in her head, so she ignored her dead mother.
Kiera cried herself to sleep that night. Nothing would ever bring him back. She remembered the cedar wood scent, his brown eyes, and every single part of him. Flash. Marcia had taken that away from Kiera, and she could never get it back.