20

Marcia Hendrix composed herself as she sat at the police station. For the third time this week she had been brought in for questioning. She had to put on her widowed face, and act as if it hurt to talk about her husband's death. It did hurt in a sense, it hurt that she had yet to receive the life insurance.
The officers asked the usual questions, as if they were expecting a different answer each time. Little did they know, Marcia had gotten her story down to a T. She repeated the same answers to the same questions, and acted annoyed that they had dared question her.
"Officer, I mean no offense, but why am I being continually interrogated? My husband is dead, and I would like to mourn him in peace without having my integrity questioned." Marcia snapped. The officer sighed and informed Marcia that she was free to go.
Marcia grabbed her purse and headed out. As she was leaving the building, she saw a young woman being escorted by an officer towards the building in cuffs. When she saw Marcia she began to scream in anger. "I know what you did bitch! You killed Dr. Hendrix!" The woman screamed.
It took Marcia a moment, but she realized who had been screaming. It was the girl that her late husband had saved a few years prior, the one that had been messaging her husband. Marcia ignored Kiera, and was thankful when the officer quickly rushed her into the building.