16

"Do you think this top matches my pants?" Margo asked Kiera as they stood in their new favorite store in the mall, "Pearl's Fashion." Kiera shook her head and Margo sighed, exasperated, as she continued her search on the rack for the perfect top.
It had been 2 years since the accident. The accident that had affected Kiera so much, and the accident that caused her to develop an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Judah Hendrix, the man whom had saved her life. Kiera & Margo had graduated college, and were now working in a psych office as assistants. Kiera had changed her major back to psychology, because she wanted to distance herself from the health field and focus more on the mental aspect. Everything was finally going good. Kiera trashed her cedar wood candles, and the flashes had stopped coming as often as they used to, though Kiera wished they'd subside entirely.
Kiera had stopped going to Mindy due to her insurance no longer supporting their weekly sessions. That was okay in Kiera's eyes, because she no longer needed Mindy to help heal her emotional wounds. Sure, they had left a scar, but now Kiera was much better. She could drive down the highway without having a panic attack, and she wasn't so obsessed with Dr. Hendrix to the point that she would burn herself on a hot stove.
The Limerence was still there though, lurking just beneath the surface of Kiera's mind, waiting to sink its teeth into her sanity. She thought about Dr. Hendrix everyday, mainly as a passing thought. After all, it's hard to forget the man who had saved your life.
Margo was just glad to have her best friend back. Kiera had been a shell of herself when she was obsessed with Dr. Hendrix, and now she was back to the girl she had met in sixth grade. Outgoing, sarcastic & 110% herself. Margo pulled out another top and held it up for Kiera to observe. Kiera gave an approving smile and Margo decided that she would purchase the red top to go with her black pants.
Later on, Margo would look at the top and pants with sadness. After all, that was the last time she could remember Kiera ever being sane, when they were in the mall that day. That exact night was when the downward spiral began yet again.