21

"I'm glad they let you off with a warning." Margo exclaimed as she sat at Kiera's kitchen table. Kiera was shaken up. Not only had she lost her guardian angel, but the woman who had killed him was walking freely.
Margo felt her heart sink as she stared at Kiera. The version of her that had nearly killed herself over Dr. Hendrix a couple of years ago was slowly coming back.
"Should we consider checking you into a facility?" Margo asked. Kiera stared daggers at Margo, before vehemently shaking her head. "No. I can't go there when Marcia Hendrix is walking free after killing Dr. Hendrix." Kiera snapped. Margo looked surprised. "What do you mean? Why do you think Marcia killed her husband?" Margo asked. Kiera smiled. "I can tell. I've seen the look in her eyes. It was the same look in our eyes after we killed my mother." She said. The mention of Cora Manning's murder made Margo feel a stab of guilt.
"Kiera, I love you but there's absolutely nothing you can do. Leave the investigation to the police. From what I can tell, his death was an accident." Margo said. Kiera glared at Margo again, before saying under her breath: "that's what they want you to think." Margo sighed and knew that absolutely nothing was going to get through to Kiera.
Margo suddenly had an idea. "Kiera, how would you feel if we were roommates? I think we need each other right now." She asked. Kiera thought about it for a moment, before sighing and agreeing that it would be great. Maybe if Kiera pretended to let down her guard around Margo, she wouldn't suspect that Kiera was planning to kill Marcia Hendrix.