-1-

A thick smoke steams out right after someone whistles the whistle. Soon enough, the train starts moving. After searching a seat for myself sometime, I finally find an empty carriage to catch my breath. "Phew!" I collapse next to the window. The luggage were quite difficult to get up above me. Wonder how the students are able to do that? If an adult like me has hard time doing so. Guess they use magic. I've just so used to the Muggle World, I often forget I can actually use spells on simple life tasks. I turn to see the beautiful lake view from the window on my right and go back to my own thoughts. Can't help, but smile. We are after all heading to my new work place, Hogwarts - the school of Witchcraft and Wizardy.

Never did I ever saw this coming; me, (Y/N) (Y/M) (Y/L), got accepted to be the professor of Herbology! Well, for momentarily. Professor Pomona Sprout - who teaches Herbology, has some personal matters, therefor Hogwarts needs someone to teach the students a thing or two about the special plants as long as she's gone. You can only imagine how my heart dropped after an owl flew to my window and gave me the letter from the Headmaster - Albus Dumbledore himself, telling me he'd be more than happy to have me as their professor to their school. Can't even imagine how many - way more qualified witches and wizards applied for the job. When I applied, I never thought I would actually get in. It's somehow funny how things can turn out like this. After everything... And here I am. Heading there. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty nervous. "Eherm... Excuse me, mind if I join?" unfamiliar male voice asks. "Huh?" my head snaps right towards the voice confused.

A tall man with sandy brown hair stands right at the slide doors, looking right at me. Wonder how long he's been standing there? The man smirks sweetly:"My apologies, did I startle you?". By the looks of it, he must be one of the teachers. Quickly I register what was going on and raise a smile on my face. "Oh, no! No, no, no. Not at all. Please, sit." awkwardly gesturing with my hand for him to take a seat opposite of me. The man lets out a chuckle amused and steps into the carriage with me:"Yes, ma'am.". Right after he turns his back on me to put his own luggage up to safety, I realize how stupid I must've sound. Nice work, (Y/N)... The man sits opposite of me and keeps the eye contact. I'm just sitting here with an awkward smile on my face. Really don't know what to say or do at this point. Too shy to stare at him directly, but I see he has two faded scars going across his face. At first I thought it was just the lighting here that made weird shadows on his face, but they look real scars. Wonder what happened to him?

"You're new." he says all of sudden. "Ah, yes. I'm covering for Professor Sprout when she's away. (Y/L), (Y/N) (Y/L)." reaching my hand towards him. He takes my hand in his and we shake hands. "Ah, our new Herbology Professor. Charming. Remus Lupin, Defence Against the Dark Arts. You can call me Remus, if you'd like." he smiles. I nod with a shy smile and we let go of our hands. All of sudden, the luggage above me moves a little. It immediately caught both of our attention and we lift our heads up to look at it. Oh, no. Quickly I start conversation to get his attention away from my luggage:"So! Defence Against the Dark Arts? How did you end up teaching that, if I may ask?". Remus lowers his eyes back to me, chuckles and starts telling the story. The next hour we just talk and get to know each other better. For my surprise he's a Gryffindor, he just oozes Ravenclaw to me for some reason. This is Remus's second year as a professor in Hogwarts. It makes me feel slightly better to know I'm not 'the newest' face in there.

"-/N)?" a voice whispers close to me. "Mhm." I mutter, like that would let me continue my sleep. "Miss (Y/L)." the voice calls again, this time a little bit louder. Slowly opening my eyes:"Hmh?". I see there are people walking outside. Then I realize, they are students. Huh? Turn to see the man next to me. It's Remus, standing there while having his hand gently on my shoulder. "We're here. Lets get your luggage." he says with soothing tone. Light blush raises up to my cheeks. When did I fall into asleep?! To think he saw me sleeping makes me little bit embarrassed for some reason. Hope I wasn't snoring! Remus was kind enough to help me with the bags and we got off the train. Immediately a cold air goes thru me as we step outside. "Geez..!" pulling my coat more close, regretting I didn't have any gloves with me at the moment. The sky is dark and stars are starting to shine. There are couple of students who are watching me from the distance, wondering who I am. Guess people here know each other very well, they are quick to spot a new face.

After traveling few minutes on the carriage ride, we come up to a hill and I get filled with this big nostalgia as soon as I see the school from the distance. How beautiful it all looks. How the lake reflects the lights that are coming from the windows that are looking so small from here. How it all just calls my name, in a welcoming way. The whole atmosphere it's giving... I missed this school so much. Without even realizing it, there are some tears on my eyes while dazing at the view. Remus has this smile corner of his mouth as he's watching amused by my reaction. "Beautiful, isn't it?" he breaks my little bubble. Just realized the tears on my eyes and quickly wipe them away. Then I clear my throat and turn to see him:"Yes, very. Can't believe I almost forgot the beauty of it.". He nods and goes back to his novel he was reading in the train while I was sleeping.

As soon as we arrive, we get straight to the Great Hall where there are all of the students chatting loud and walking around, trying to find their way to their seats. All of the professors are talking to each other and getting in their own seats around the High Table. I'm getting more nervous as me and Remus approach them. Then I see him in the distance. The Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore. The Greatest Wizard of all time. He hasn't seen me yet as he is talking to someone else at the moment. My legs starts to tremble and hands starts to sweat. How come I wasn't this nervous when I was a student years ago? Somehow this is all different now. Alright, be calm. Take it easy. It's..- "It's going to be alright." Remus whispers near to my ear quickly before he goes ahead and starts greeting all the other professors with big, friendly smile. Bet he saw how tensed up I am. To be honest, it calms me down a little to know I got at least one person here who has my back.

The Headmaster finally turns around and sees Remus. They smile to each other and shake hands, exchanging a few kind words, before Headmaster's eyes goes over Remus's shoulder and he sees me. My heart stops for a moment, but starts quickly pumping again as the old man gives one of the most heart warming smile I've ever seen. "Professor (Y/L). Glad you could make it." Dumbledore walks up to me and we shake hands. Even his hands are full of wrinkles and quite bony, they are warm. Big smile comes up to my face:"Of course! I'm happy to be here. Thank you again for this opportunity, sir.". Just when he is about to say something, familiar looking woman comes up to us and interrupts:"We are ready.". "Ah, yes." Dumbledore nods and leaves. The woman quickly looks up and down on me, and smiles:"Good to see you, dear.". It's Minerva McGonagall, the Transfiguration teacher and the Deputy Headmistress. She actually was one of my professors back when I used to go to this school. Funny how time has passed. She still looks the same.

McGonagall grabs me by the arm gently and starts guiding me to my seat:"This way, (Y/L).". I get seated right next to Filius Flitwick - the Charms Professor, who'd be sitting next to the Headmaster. He immediately gives me a warm, welcoming smile and starts interrogate after we introduced each other. It seems he doesn't remember me as one of his students years back, but then again - I don't blame him. There are so many students it's impossible to remember all of them. During our conversation, I take a quick glance around the High Table. There are some familiar faces and some I've never seen before. The loud chatter in the room starts to get little bit more quiet as the students began to find their places and greeted their friends. Dumbledore is getting ready to start his welcoming speech as he fixes the hem of his robe. Such a nostalgic moment!

I'm still having the light hearted conversation with Professor Flitwick when all of sudden, I feel this shivering cold breeze behind me. Huh? Someone is standing right behind the chair I'm sitting in. Professor Flitwick sees this corner of his eye and raises his head up to see who it is. His face falls a little, like he got worried about something. "Hm?" now I turn to see who is it and we lock eyes with the person behind me right away. For a split second, my eyes widens and heart drops. It's a man with very dark hair and pale skin. Wearing all black, head to toe. The man is glaring straight at me with disapproving look on his face. Feels like the time just stopped while a cold sweat rolls down my temple. Who..- who is he?