-60-

Dumbledore had invited me to come to his office after I had told the Head of the Hufflepuff how my wand got broken - yet again. I feel so nervous as I step inside Headmaster's Office. It's just oozes majestic all around. Feels like someone like me have no right to even breath near the room. The Headmaster see me walk in:"Ah, Miss (Y/L). There you are.". "Y-you wanted to see me, sir?" my timid voice echoes a bit around the office at the doorway. "Yes. Come, come in and make yourself at home." the old man waved his hand as a sign for me to come closer. Like hit of magic, I walk deeper into the room, keeping arms close to my body, so I won't break anything around and anger the Greatest Wizard of all time.

Headmaster comes near while having hands behind his back:"Heard you got your wand broken again. How many times is this? Fourth? Fifth?". Even he keeps his voice calm and warm, somehow I'm nervously waiting for him to snap. "...Fourth, sir." I answer, afraid to look him in the eyes directly. The old man nods:"Mm... I recall the first time your wand broke on your second year, it was because you sat on it. Was it?". I nod:"Yes, sir.". Heart starts to beat faster and palms are sweating. "And... On your third year, during the summer break a dog stole it and snapped it in half while playing with it." he question. There are no words coming out of my mouth, so I just nod again. My fingers clenches against the fabric of the school uniform.

"Then last year - on your sixth year, what was it? It got between a door by accident and snapped in half?" he ask. Swallowing before answering:"...Yes.". His eyes goes up and down on me:"And now, after the winter break it got broken again.". "Unfortunately." I answer while staring somewhere in the distance. "Before I'll fix your wand, (Y/N)... Care to tell me how it happen this time?" he tries to create eye contact. I shrug:"Bad luck, I guess.". There is a small pause. Feels like I'm holding my breath. "Bad luck. Mmm..." he finally hums. Soon, the Headmaster points the Elder Wand towards my broken wand and it got fixed. "Thank you, sir. I promise to take better care of it." offering a shy smile at him.

About to leave the office until his voice stops me:"(Y/N)?". Quickly I stop and turn to him:"Yes, Headmaster?". He walks closer, looking straight into my (e/c) eyes:"Is there anything... Anything at all you would like to tell me?". My heart drops for a second. I'm having this battle inside of me what to do. If I'll tell him the truth, then what? My parents would be even more furious than they are now. I'm so lost. Eventually, I managed to put a smile on my face:"...No, sir.". We stare in each others eyes for a moment. Then, he nods:"Alright then. Off ya go. You are dismissed.". With that, he turns away and walks back to the desk. Can feel my shoulders relaxing a bit and I head out. As I'm walking out, Headmaster turns to look after me and watch me go.

Getting wake up by someone poking side of my face. "Mmhh..?" slowly opening the eyes to see how Sniffy is wide awake, trying to get me up. "Morning, rascal." I chuckle lazily and pet him. He's clearly hungry since he won't stop pushing. It just makes me laugh a bit:"Alright, I'm up..! I'm up.". Deep sigh comes out of me as I raise myself to sit. Feet feeling cold after taking them out under the warm blanket. It takes me a moment to realize where I am and all that happened yesterday. The image of the Death Eater who stand in front of me keeps replying in my head. They could have end my life right in there if they wanted. But they didn't... And the fact that they almost took the mask off. Was it someone I knew? I try to push there thoughts away and head downstairs with the niffler.

Immediately when I come to the kitchen, I see Molly making breakfast for everyone, and Arthur sitting around the long table, reading the news papers. They haven't seen me yet, so I take this small moment of peace in and watch them while leaning against the door frame. Sniffy really doesn't care the sentimental moment and just runs in to see if there is anything good to eat. Molly notices the creature running and gasps:"Merlin!". Arthur lowers the papers in his hands to see what his wife is fussing about now. Couple kettles falls down, making an awful noise as Sniffy jumps on a counter. Quickly, I run in to stop him wrecking the whole kitchen:"Sorry! He's a little bit hungry, that's all.". Sniffy lets out a small squeal when I grab him. "Well, could have said so instead of barging in." Molly huffs half jokingly.

Unlike Molly, Arthur is amazed by the niffler:"Marvelous creature, (Y/N). Where did you get him from?". "M-my aunt-Ruby gave him to me around the time I got graduated from Hogwarts." I explain while trying to keep the squirming niffler in my arms. "Well, he's very smart beast. Got out of the burning house all by himself!" he smiles. Huh? That got me surprise a bit. No. More than just a bit. The cage he's in is shield with magic, so there is no way he could have gone out of there on his own. Only a witch or wizard can open the cage. So how in the world Sniffy could get out? Unless... "Merry Christmas, everyone." Sirius enters the kitchen with us. It seems that he and his elf - Kreacher, took a quick visit to the store to get more food for all of us. We all turn to him at the same time:"Merry Christmas!". "Your clothes are now clean and dried, (Y/N). They are in the back." Sirius pointed at the right direction with his thumb over his shoulder. I smile at him and the elf next to him:"Thank you.". Kreacher rolls his eyes as he walks past us. Did I do something wrong?

Something snaps inside of Sirius and he raise his voice:"Don't you ever roll your eyes at her!". That got all three of us off guard. Can feel how my body just stiffens after he lashed out like that at the elf. "Sirius!" Molly frowns. Kreacher pretty much ignores his Master, like this is everyday for him and continues his way to another room. I'm baffled by the sudden out burst. Looking at Sirius disappointed:"...I don't like the way you talk to him, if I'm quite honest.". He waved his hand:"That's nothing.". "Nothing?" I repeat, not liking what I'm hearing. This all reminds me the way my parents treated Dongy back then. And now seeing Sirius acting like there is nothing wrong with yelling and treating badly the house-elf, it boils me. Maybe more than it should.

Molly has her eyes glued on us while Arthur has lift the news papers back in front of his face, pretending he's not hearing anything. I keep frowning at the man in front of me:"Not only you bully wizards, you also bully elves?". "No, no. Just this one..- And I am not bullying anyone! He's the one who was disrespectful to you." he frowns back. "Then that'll be between him and I if I would have a problem with it!" I snap back. Sniffy in my arms is watching the interaction between us, heart beating fast in his tiny chest. Sirius is about to say something back, but we quickly stop when we hear how the children are coming down the stairs. Which is actually a good thing. I hate fighting and causing a scene.

As the kids keeps coming in to the kitchen, Arthur all of sudden stands next to us and places both of his hands behind on our backs at the same time. Sirius and I turn our heads to look at him slightly confused. Then he gives us two quick - yet strong, pats and leaves. After that, Sirius and I share a look. Both giving the 'I'm sorry' - look. At the same time Arthur goes to his wife and pecks a kiss on her cheek. Molly smiles eyes closed when her husband's lips makes the contact. With that, we all gathered around the table to have breakfast. This all makes me wonder... When it comes to Sirius, why I feel so on edge? Guess it's because he reminds me of too much of the bad times in my life? Not that is a good reason for me to be rude to him.

Despite everything that has happen, we managed to have very nice Christmas Day. My leg and arm aren't hurting anymore. The little scar on my forehead luckly has healed quite a bit, so I don't need to use any band-aid on it. But anyone can see it's still there, specially if I'm not wearing makeup. The day after the Christmas, Remus, Tonks, Harry, Ron and I got to the train station together, ready to head back on our own ways. "Well, I'll see you perhaps next time when the little one has arrived." Remus smiles down to me as we share a goodbye hug. "Can't wait to meet him!" I smile. "And he can't wait to meet his godmother." Tonks chuckles. After hugging her, I bend down 'on the same eye' level with the baby:"Be kind to your mother and stop kicking her so much.". Tonks laughs a bit and gently caress over the belly:"He'll be lucky having a person like you in his life.". I chuckle:"Nah, he is already lucky to have the best parents in the whole world.".

Remus puts a hand on his wife's shoulder and they both are smiling at me. "Professor! The train to Hogwarts is here." Harry's voice brings us back from the happy little bubble we were in. Glancing over my shoulder to see Harry and Ron:"Coming!". With that, all three of us got in the train. On our way towards the castle we briefly made a deal that we shall not tell anyone about what happened. Which I already know they will break the promise partly, since they are going to tell Hermione everything. Then again, I don't mind that. She's a smart girl, so it'll be only beneficial for us if someone like her is part of this 'team' that has formed over the time. Wonder if Lucius got digged himself out of the mud? The sudden image of him crawling to the surface with muddy face makes a smirk corner of my mouth. "Is everything alright, Professor?" Ron asks. Turn to look at the student:"Hm? Yes, I'm perfectly fine. Thank you.".