-29-

Carefully, I open the door and peek in:"Hello, Professor Umbridge.". "Oh, hello dear." she answer surprisingly cheerful tone. Bet she's still happy about Dumbledore being away. "May I come in?" I ask. "Of course, but do close the door behind you, thank you." she smiles and sits down behind the desk. I do as told. Immediately seeing what she has done to the office. Everything is pink. The walls, the carpet, the furnitures... Talk about all of the multiple pictures of cats hanging on the walls, meowing all around. "Tea?" she asks. "N-no thank you." I reassure with shy smile. After she tells me to take a seat in front of the desk, she pores herself some hot water in a tiny teacup:"So, what is that you wanted to talk about, (Y/N)?".

Really don't know where to start, even I had already planned what to say, so I just sit awkwardly in the chair:"I...", "Ouhw, I know we had a little bit... Bumpy beginning, but I believe you and I can become great friends." she smiles. I chuckle nervously and clear my throat a bit. As she's waiting me to speak, she starts putting many spoonfuls of pink sugar into the tea. Trying to refocus why am I here:"The reason I came here is because... I'm afraid there is a unpropper behavior going on in the castle.". That peeks her interest:"Such as?". "By Professor Lockhart's behalf." I reveal. She raise both of her eyebrows:"Gilderoy?". I nod and continue:"He..- he has been chatting with a student in flirty manner. And has suggested an sexual activity..-", "With a student?!" she lets out. "No! No. At least I hope not." I quickly correct my wordings. Her face is serious:"Whom then?". Crunching my hand into fist on my lap:"...Me.".

For a moment we stay quiet. Letting the information to sink in. All of sudden, Umbridge giggles. Huh? Lifting my head up to meet her eyes with questioning look on my face. She gives knowing smile:"Well, that doesn't come as surprise. After all, you dress up in such a provoking way everyday..-", "Pardon?" I let out baffled. Slowly, she gets up from the chair and comes to me:"I mean, look at yourself, darling. I get that you are beautiful, young lady...". My eyes follows her as she comes closer. Then she tilts her head with tiny smile:"But you are basically asking for it.". What?! Can't believe what I'm hearing. Thought she would be on my side on this, but... Really don't know what to say right now:"N-no... I'm not asking anythi..-", then I quickly shook my head and restart:"There is possibility, that Gilderoy Lockhart - a professor, is harassing young girls. Shouldn't that concern you in any way?". "Do you have proof?" she snaps back, looking now even more annoyed. "Huh?" I ask.

Umbridge looks pissed:"Do you have any proof that Mister Lockhart - a good man with integrity, has behaved inappropriately towards the young female students here in school?". I shrug:"I... I saw him talking to a stu..-", "So you don't." she interrupts. Before I can say anything, she continues:"Haven't you done enough already?". Huh? "After Lupin... Deep down, you know it was after all your fault he got fired from Hogwarts. If it weren't for you... He would still have a position as a teacher of Defence Against the Dark Arts to support him and his family." her voice is poison to my ears. My fault. Lowering my eyes from hers to the floor. There is an awful feeling in my stomach. I feel so small and powerless right now. She lowers herself to the same eye level as me, trying to create an eye contact:"So, let us not spread false accusations towards innocent people. Hm?". Fighting against the tears, I get up from the chair:"Thank you for your time, Professor.". "Anytime, dear. Anytime." she smiles.

Had to get out of there. Otherwise, I might have used my wand on her without thinking the consequences. Why on earth did I ever thought it'll be a good idea to go and confess to her?! I feel such a fool! I really thought she would understand... Merlin, I'm so stupid! Umbridge's words keep replaying in my head. 'Dressing in provoking way' When?! All I wear is the dirty from dirt Herbology robes all day long and casual clothes after classes if I have the time to change. I don't understand. After walking some time along the corridors, I hear two people talking around the corner. Right away, I see Snape and Harry Potter, standing right at the entry of the potions storage room. Clearly, Snape is giving some type of lecture to the student. Wonder what is it this time..? Just when Snape turns around to look for something while muttering more insults, I come next to Harry to see what's going on here. "...boomslang skin, lacewing flies..." Potions Master keeps listing things he thinks the student has allegedly stole from him.

Harry looks slightly surprised to see me. We exchange a glance, then I nudge my head, giving him the 'just go' - look. Harry smiles shyly and nods, as in 'thank you, Professor', then leaves. Snape hasn't yet realized the student has left. Somehow, it's always weird to see him without the long cape, just like now. "You and your little friends are brewing Polyjuice potion and believe me, I..-" he finally turns around and freeze for a second when he sees I'm only one there. Then he comes to the entry to check where Potter went. "Polyjuice, huh?" I wonder out loud, little bit amused. His head snaps right back at me, annoyed I let Potter go. There is still that awful feeling in me what happened between Umbridge and Lockhart. Maybe I should confide to him about it. Don't know how to bring it all up, so I better just go for it:"Severus, I..-", "Whatever it is, I don't wanna hear it! Specially if it is not related to work." Snape lashes out. My eyes goes wide and body stiffens for a second. "It is enough I need to deal with insufferable children all day long, let alone you..." he mutters thru his teeth. "I'm... Sorry." my voice goes small and I lower the gaze down. Clearly, this isn't the best time...

Right away, Snape regrets his words. With gritted teeth, he calms himself down while I still keep the gaze down. I shouldn't be bothering him. This is my problem after all. "Sorry, I... I didn't mean to bother you." I give him a quick shy eye contact and continue my way. About to take my second step, when Snape holds onto my wrist to stop me from leaving. Huh? Heart skips a beat and my head snaps right back to look at him. He looks troubled:"I..-", I can hear how Umbridge and Lockhart are talking to each other around the corner I originally came from. They are coming this way. Oh no! Two people who I do not wanna see right now! Shit! Snape hasn't still let go of my wrist, and I know if I'll try to pull away to make a run for it, he'll just hold on tighter. Double shit! In panic, I push Snape into the potions storage room and go in as well, quickly closing the door behind us.

The storage is very small, but can easily fit two grown adult in. Obviously, the Potions Master is baffled by this:"What in th..-?!", "Be quiet..!" I whisper hiss while holding a finger up against my lips. Then, I press my ear against the door to listen. Can hear how there are coming closer and closer. But I can't hear what they are saying. Wonder if she went up to tell him I visited in her office? Snape folds his arms and stares at me in judging way:"Where have you got yourself into now..?". "Hush." I whisper and try to listen again. Snape once again feels the urge to read my mind, but as promised - he won't. Now their voices becomes more clear. Sounds like Lockhart is telling her one of his many stories we all have heard many times before. So focused on listening what they are saying, I haven't pay any attention to Snape. So I get little bit startled when I feel part of his body pressing against mine, as he tries to listen the conversation thru the door as well.

Now I can't pay any attention what Umbridge and Lockhart are talking! The only thing I can focus on is how close me and Snape actually are. Can feel how he radiates warmth as his torso is right up against my back. How he keeps breathing calmly back of my head. How we are locked in this small space. After realizing that, my heart starts beating faster and blush raises up to my cheeks. What is wrong with me?! Soon enough, Umbridge's and Lockhart's voices fades away as they get further away. I still want to make sure they have left, so I keep listening. Snape gets bored and leans away from the door:"Care to tell me why are you shoving people inside storage rooms to hide from Mrs. Umbridge and Lockhart?". Shit...

Slight panic hits and I try to come up with some excuse:"Ouh, I, uh..-". When I turn around to face him, I realize he is standing right there, leaving barely any space between us. If my heart was beating fast then, it sure is beating a lot faster now. My back is up against the door as we stare in each others eyes. Then I stutter out the random excuse:"I was just..- I haven't return the report of my apprenticeship studies to Umbridge yet, so..-", Snape slams his hand against the door near to my head and looks deep into my (e/c) eyes with such threatening look:"Don't. Lie. To me.". His smooth, deep voice sends shivers down to my spine. My mouth gets dry and I don't know what to say. Can't look him straight in the eyes anymore. My heart is making freaking flips at this point! Snape sees the discomfort in me and leans away:"Very well... Whatever the reason is, don't make me be part of it.". Can feel how my heart starts to go down. "Right..." my voice sound like a whisper.