-40-

My whole body feels so intense, yet my mind feels so calm in Severus's 'embrace'. When he sees I'm not trying to make any resistance, he let's go of me. I quickly turn around to face him, confusion written all over my face. The thick smoke around us has started to fade little by little. I want to blast Severus with all kinds of questions, but since he told me not to make any sound, I just stare at him - hoping he would talk soon and tell me what the hell is going on. Just then, I see Alecto rushing around the corner other side of the alley where Severus came from. Oh, shit! It all happens so fast; Alecto quickly points her wand at us:"Sectumsempra!". Without thinking, I steal Severus's wand from his hand. Severus lets out a gasp out of surprise and I point the wand at her:"Protego!".

With that, the spell bounces back to Alecto and she gets hit with the curse she tried to cast on us. "Ahh!!" she immediately flies back and falls to the ground. Severus and I pause for a moment while staring at her. Some blood starts streaming out of her, slowly spreading around her among the rain that hits the ground. Wait... I get consumed by the feeling that this is all so surreal. I start to shook my head in disbelieve:"No, no, no, no..!". I never meant to..- I mean..- My thoughts get cut off by Severus, who snatches the wand out of my hand, looking all angry:"You..-!", but he quickly glances over his shoulder and sees how Amycus starts to slowly wake up. He then holds onto the side of my arm firmly it almost hurts:"We haveto go.". "No, wait..-!" before I can say or do anything else, he does the Apparate spell.

Can't even remember when was the last time I've traveled by the spell. It felt very odd to say the least - and it's not helping when I have some alcohol in me. "Wah..-!" I gasp when the spinning stops and we land on solid ground. My legs are about to give in, but Severus still has the firm hold on me, so I get yanked back on my feet. I look around to see where he has taken me. We are in a dark, enclosed sitting room that is furnished with threadbare furniture. A dim candle-lit lamp is hanging from the ceiling, and the walls are covered in books. There is also a fireplace that has an armchair right next to it. Before I can ask him where are we, Severus turns me to face him and hisses:"What in the Merlin's name were you doing in there?!". He looks really upset by all of this.

I take couple steps back and raise my hands up as defence:"I-I already told you; I came with Hagrid and..-", "And where was he when you kept stumbling around intoxicated?!" he keeps hissing. Small drop of water slides down from his black hair and drips down onto the carpet. Severus doesn't even give me the chance to answer as he keeps talking and turns his back on me to takes off his long cape:"Seems to me the Gamekeeper is only good for taking care of obedient creatures, not a half-witted witch.". "Ey!" I exclaim, feeling insulted. After putting the cape to the side, he goes to a table in one corner. I can hear how he opens a bottle of wine and pours himself a glass. Now what? I sigh quietly and cross arms over my chest. The feeling of my arms are pretty cold from the cold weather. Luckily the fireplace is on, it gives some warmth.

"Where are we anyway?" I finally ask. "At Spinner's End. In my family home." he answers simply. His family home? "...Why did you bring me here?" I ask. "To safety." he turns to face me and takes a sip of the red wine. I frown:"But..-", "They would have followed you to the train station, and Hogwarts is too far for going with Apparate spell." he says with the usual monotonic tone. "Mm." I nod as agreement and keep looking around from where I'm standing. Guess that makes sense. It certainly does look like a place person like him would live in. Dark color scheme, walls full of books, dim lighting... Everything here fits perfectly to his personality. Without my knowledge, Severus's eyes goes up and down on me, like he is taking better look at the dress I'm wearing. Just when I'm about to ask about the twins, Severus says all of sudden:"You are quite a fool.". Huh? My head snaps back up to meet his eyes:"What you mean?". There is a sour look on his face as he puts the glass back onto the table:"Going dancing with a man you just met... Do you have any idea where it might've lead into?". What?