TFATWS Interlude: O Captain! My Captain (Not)!

Takes place sometime after the "Stay the hell out of my way" scene in TFATWS episode 3

(Honestly, a little confused by order of events in TFATWS)

Baltimore, Maryland...

"...Holy shit."

That was all John Walker could say as he and Lemar Hoskins entered the building drowned in silence.

From the moment they walked in, the two were greeted by the sight of bodies. When local authorities called on them after Sam and Bucky left to do their own businesses, John and Lemar weren't expecting the sheer amount of corpses they were seeing now.

"How many shooters did this?" John wondered.

Lemar crouched down, noticing the Micro Uzi near one of the corpses and that of the others.

"These guys weren't exactly all innocent themselves, but still....damn," he said.

"Okay, we might be dealing with either a kill squad gone rogue or something worse." John said, right as the two friends heard gasping from the corner.

One of the victims was still breathing.

Upon processing, John and Lemar moved to the surviving victim, kneeling down to be at eye level. The man was bleeding profusely from the back.

"What happened? Where are the men who did this to you?" John asked.

Slowly, the man's head perked up to see John and Lemar looking at him, blood dripping from his mouth and nose.

"N...No they...Him...One man...red skull...on armor...gunned...us all...down...It's...h-him..."

That made the two soldiers' eyebrows rise to their highest.

"Red skull on armor? Firearms? It has to be him...the Punisher..." Lemar wondered.

John couldn't help but let his eyes widen at the name. Not too long ago, reports of various criminals and criminal organizations being found murdered sounded from all over the country. Witnesses didn't know who the perpetrator was, but the very few that saw him and lived to tell the tale shared the same view:

red helmet covering their entire head,

red and black sleeveless jacket,

the almost-makeshift full body armor,

the litany of guns and weapons they carried,

and finally,...the blood red skull painted on their vest.