The Bleeding Cross

Los Angeles, California...

Unbeknownst to the people of Los Angeles, a missing former hero, now a ruthless vigilante, walked among them.

Jake made no hesitation as he walked into the hospital, the staff paying not much heed to the visiting man with glasses and a cap to go with his unassuming black jacket, white shirt, cargo pants, and (somewhat dirty) white shoes.

That's when he noticed the men in nurse attire walking down the hallway in an eerily uniform manner, especially for a hospital this busy. He even noticed them avoiding a sleepy security guard or two.

Jake's eyes narrowed at their fidgeting hands and the unusually similar bumps on the side of their pants.

'Ah, fuck...' he thought to himself as he kept up the pace, tugging on his jacket.

Meanwhile...

Rachel woke up on her hospital bed with an audible groan to the blurry sight of no doctor or nurse attending to her. She could still see the sun's rays peering through the glass windows of her room, but no one else was there besides her. No machines were on her. She was on her way to a full recovery, after all, but that required rest, something she still sorely needed.

With a loud groan, she tried to sit up, moving her body slowly while gaining speed every few seconds.

"D-Damn it..." she cursed to herself as a male nurse walked into her room in full gear, mask and all.

"Miss Cole?" the nurse asked.

Rachel scoffed, "I prefer Mrs. Cole-Alves, thank you very much."

"Apologies," he said.

Rachel wanted to say more to them, but then she noticed the trio of nurses much like the first one standing in front of the doorway to her room, almost as if they're on guard.

Her eyes narrowed as she turned back to the first nurse...only to see a silenced pistol being pulled on her. The other nurses walked inside as they closed the door, now holding their own silenced pistols.