25

3rd person's POV

Kei and Jaze are on the park hanging out. Kei was laughing and being chatty towards Jaze, and Jaze was the reason why Kei kept on laughing and smiling. He loves Kei, simula noong una palang, mas lalo lang niyang minahal ngayong pwede na niya tawagin itong kanya.

Jaze then thought about the news Kei told him, about his health, about him dying, Jaze wondered. Why would he want to die? Bakit hindi niya na gustong gumaling pa? Bakit mas pipiliin niya pang mamatay kesa sa mailigtas ang sarili niya?

"Love? Can I ask you a question?" Jaze asked making Kei stop from talking. Jaze looked serious kaya napatigil ang pagsasalita at ang pagtawa ni Kei. Kei's heartbeat started increasing he was so scared for what he'll ask. Kei answered with a nod and waited for Jaze to speak.

"Bakit... B-bakit hindi mo gustong gumaling? I know you've told me the real reason why but... I feel like there's still more reason why you don't want medications." Jaze asked. Kei froze, he remembered everything, everything his parents told him that made him feel like this.

Kei remained silent for a few minutes while looking at the ground, trying to think if he should tell him or just lie about it. He's scared to let someone know the real reason why he doesn't want to be cured. He could feel himself getting a little bit emotional but still he forced himself not to cry dahil ayaw niyang makita ng nobyo niya na nahihirapan siya.

"I'm not forcing you to answer my questions, Love. If you're not comf-" Jaze words was cut off, Kei started speaking still looking on the ground. He couldn't look him in the eyes dahil alam niyang maiiyak siya.

"My parents, They're the real reason why." Kei coldly answered. He was tearing up but he quickly wiped it off. Hindi niya kaya, hindi niya kakayanin kapag nakita ni Jaze ang mga luha niya.

Both of them remained quiet, ayaw ng ipagpatuloy ni Kei ang pagsasalita dahil hindi na niya alam ang natakbo sa isip ni Jaze. He was so scared that if he tell him, mapagod lang siya sakanya just like his parents. But he's wrong, Jaze held his hands and intertwined it with his. He looked at Jaze and he smiled at him.

"It's okay, lovely. You can tell me everything, I won't judge you." He said. Tears started escaping his eyes as he heard him say that. Jaze cupped both of his cheeks and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"It's okay, everything will be okay, my love." He said reassuring him. Kei hugged him tightly as he began to cry louder. He still remember the words his parents told him that one night, the night where he wished that he didn't existed.

Jaze got mad at himself for questioning him, he should've just stayed quiet and enjoyed the time he had with Kei, pero dahil sa paulit-ulit na tanong na tumatakbo sa isip niya, Kei is here crying again, He hates seeing him cry.

Kei finally calmed down. He took a deep breath bago muling ibinaling ang tingin kay Jaze at binigyan ito ng magagandang ngiti. A smile that could make Jaze feel happy and lovely, a smile that he wanted to protect even if it costs me his own life.

"When my parents found out... They were stressed... S-sinabi nila saakin na hindi na nila ako ipapagamot, dahil hindi naman na raw dapat... Because I'll only give pain to others kapag pinagpatuloy ko pang lumaban." Kei explained looking at the ground while playing with his fingers. Jaze was silent when Kei said that.

"I heard them saying... Na kapag ipinagamot pa nila ako mahihirapan lang silang dalawa..." Kei said almost whispering. His tears still escaping his eyes. Jaze cupped both of his cheeks and wiped his tears away.

"Ipinalangin nila sa Diyos na matapos nalang ang buhay ko dahil ayaw nila na sila pa ang mahirapan..." Kei said. Jaze heart started aching when he heard what his lover said. He was silent the only thing he could do for him was to hold him and caress his cheeks.

Kei kept on crying on Jaze's shoulder. Mas lalong humigpit ang pagkakahawak niya rito noong yakapin siya ni Jaze. He was too weak and fragile at this point, this was the first time he ever said the real reason why he doesn't want to take medications, he told him the reason why he's just waiting for his last day to arrive.

"Kei, baby, listen to me please..." Jaze said. Kei slowly nodded letting him know that he's listening to whatever he'll be saying. He couldn't look at him in his eyes yet, natatakot siya dahil baka mas lalo lang siyang masaktan.

"I know how hard it is you, but you should leave all that behind and look at what the future have for you. You deserve love, you deserve to live and be happy, you shouldn't live in pain and sadness." Jaze said rubbing Kei's back trying to comfort him. He doesn't know where those words came from, words just kept on leaving his mouth when he's with the person he truly loved.

"Always remember that we're still here, for you. I am here for you, always in all ways." Jaze added before he placed a soft kiss on his forehead. Kei smiled at him hugging him even more tightly.

"Halika na? Ihahatid na kita so we could both rest, tutulungan ko pa sila Lola at Ate sa karinderya." Jaze said offering his hands to his boyfriend. Kei smiled and felt his heart melting when Jaze said that.

"Siguraduhin mo lang na tutulungan mo sila ah? Wag kang maging kunsumisyon sa Ate ko, alam mo naman yon." Kei said finally laughing at him. He took Jaze's hands and they started walking away.

This was home for the both of them, they've saved each other, and found happiness in each others presence. For the first time Kei actually felt happy and contented. And for the first time Jaze felt what and how true love actually feels like.