31

Kei

After a lot of happenings, naisipan kong pumunta sa dagat. I was looking at the waves dancing freely habang tumatama ang hangin sa buong katawan ko. I was sitting on the sand alone wanting to have my alone time but Jaze doesn't want to leave me. Sa hindi kalayuan saakin ay nakaupo siya, he was watching me but kept on sending me messages that could and would help me calm down. I placed my phone beside me habang nakabukas ito para mabasa ko lang ang mga messages na sinesend niya.

From Jaze
I love you, Kei.

From Jaze:
You did it! You finally told them, hindi mo na kailangan pang itago, hindi mo na kailangan pang magsinungaling.

From Jaze:
You've made me so proud, Kei. And I will always be proud to you and what you did.

From Jaze:
Look at the stars above, Baby. They're so pretty like you, they're so proud of what you did too! (⁠ ⁠ꈍ⁠ᴗ⁠ꈍ⁠)

I looked up and looked at the stars shining from above, I smiled at the sight of it and realized one thing. I will be a part of it in a month. It was painful and scary but It managed to make me feel happy.

Hindi ko alam kung maliligtas ba ako ng medications ko, hindi ko alam kung hahaba pa ba ang panahon ko sa mundo, hindi ko alam kung dadating pa ba sa puntong makakasama ko habang buhay ang mga tao sa paligid ko lalong lalo na si Jaze.

Suddenly I remember the time where me, my sister, Aeron and kuya CJ would go to the park to play noong mga bata pa kami. We're always so happy and so hyper that time at palagi pa akong umuuwing naiyak dahil nadadapa ako o kung hindi naman ay inaasar ng mga nakakalaro ko but they're always there for me para tulungan at iligtas ako.

Jaze then sat infront of me, hinaharangan niya ang mga alon na pinapanood ko. He held my hands tightly before making me wear his jacket because it's getting pretty chilly out here. I smiled at him, and he did the same. He was too precious, too lovely, too pretty, and too sweet. Ayoko, hindi ko kayang iwan siya.

I closed my eyes, I was feeling a little too emotional. Everything that was happening to me was so painful, I've always thought that the universe, the Lord was being unfair to me but no. Does everything really happens for a reason?  A tear escaped my eyes, my eyes remained closed until I've heard Jaze.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine... You make me happy, when skies are grey... You never know dear, how much I love you... Please don't take... My sunshine away..."

He sang while his eyes are closed, I was looking at him while he was singing peacefully, his voice made me calm down, his voice made me feel so loved and happy. He cupped my cheeks and placed a few quick kisses on my forehead before he pulled away and looked at me.

"Jaze... I-i still want to do so many things... I still want to achieve all of my dreams." I said before closing my eyes trying to stop myself from crying too much. Everything is painful at the moment. Hindi ko alam kung ano ba ang mga bagay na nagawa ko para parusahan ako ng ganito.

"Jaze, Ayoko pang mamatay..."

He remained silent wanting to hear more of my thoughts and what's going on inside me. I felt bad, I don't want to leave him, ayokong umalis, ayokong mamatay, ayokong iwan silang lahat dahil lang sa sakit ko. I don't want to do this anymore, I am so tired and but I still want to be with those I love the most.

"Baby, I'd go with you if I could. I don't want you to be alone." Jaze while while looking at me, I was shocked when I heard him say that. Hindi pwede, hindi siya pwedeng sumama saakin, hindi siya pwedeng mawala.

"You said you're taking medications already, right love? Magiging maayos na ang lahat mula ngayon, trust me..." Jaze said. I was only looking at him before I pulled him into a long tight hug. I don't ever want to let go of him.

"I love you, Jaze, so much..." I whispered while hugging him tight. He placed a soft and gentle kiss on my cheeks and I could feel him smiling. Me telling him how much I love him always have a huge impact on his heart.

"I love you most, Kei." He replied. I smiled after hearing him say those words. I really hope the medications wouldn't fail. Gustong gusto ko pa marinig ang salitang yon, kahit pa ilang taon, kahit pa kailanganin kong maghintay ng matagal gagawin ko.

He stood up and pulled me up with him, mahigpit ang hawak niya sa mga kamay ko at sabay kaming naglakad papunta sa dagat, both of us decided to take a swim. He was smiling widely and looking so happy, hindi na namin napansin ang unti unting pagangat ng araw.

I was laughing so hard and he was the reason why, I was smiling widely and he was the reason why, I was hoping for longer life and he gave me a reason why. I love him, more than anyone and more than anything.

"Hindi ka pa ba inaantok, we're here since last night." Jaze asked me. Nakaupo na lamang uli kami ngayon sa buhangin pero basa pa rin ang mga suot naming damit dahil kakaahon lang rin naming dalawa.

"Look at the sun, Jaze. It's so pretty..." I responded and he turned his gaze to the sun rising. He then started smiling before he took his phone on his bag and started taking pictures of it and me.

I smiled and leaned in closer to rest my head on his shoulders. He was everything I am asking for, I hope that the universe will treat the both of us fairly now. Hindi na kaya pang mangiwan at maiwanan.

--

3rd person's POV

Kei was sleeping peacefully on his bed while all his friends are preparing to leave the resort now. Jaze opened the door and noticed that he was still peacefully sleeping, he sat next to him and admires his face.

Nawala na ang pamumutla niya, yung mga mata niyang pagod unti unti na uling nabubuhayan and Jaze knew that he was the reason why, he's beyond happy that he's the reason why Kei was pushing himself to take medications kahit pa napakarami na niyang napagdaanang problema.

"I'll always be with you, Kei. Now and forever."