Chapter fifteen: experiments

Rose's POV:

My mind was completely chaotic. I didn't know what to believe anymore. One side told me that I couldn't survive without Billie but the other side told me that I would die by staying with Billie. I didn't even know what Billie was to me anymore. First she was my abuser, then the center of my life and right now she was the one, who killed Madison.

Everytime I was reminded of how much I loved Madison, I started to feel hate towards Billie but as soon as I recovered from it, I was glad that Billie was there to take care of me. I didn't know what to feel anymore.  "Rose are you alright?", Billie asked very worried after she noticed that I opened my eyes. I groaned in pain. My head was hurting from all the chaotic thoughts I had.

"Can I have an aspirin?", I asked and Billie instanly nodded. There already was a pill and a glass of water prepared for me probably because she already knew that I needed it. I quickly swallowed the pill and took a deep breath. "I'm so sorry that mommy filled your head with so much bullshit. Sometimes she doesn't appreciate how good she has it.", Billie said and it left bad taste in my mouth.

"Do you really think she has it good? During the entire wedding she didn't seem to be happy. She seemed like a ghost.", I said and Billie looked at me very confused. "Of course she is happy. She is able to spend her entire life with mother, who loves her more than anyone. That's a life everyone craves.", Billie said and I couldn't believe how delusional she was.

It didn't even cross her mind once that Elizabeth could be unhappy, even though she looked like she was dead inside. No wonder Billie had this twisted feeling about love. She was taught her whole life long, that this was happiness. How could my feelings for Billie be real, when her own feelings were twisted? My head hurt so much that I wasn't able to think further about this and just stayed silent.

"Oh my poor flower... Don't worry, mother makes sure that mommy will never fill your head with bullshit again.", Billie said and kissed my forehead but I instanly flinched. "What does she do to Elizabeth?!", I asked very worried but Billie just pulled me in a tight hug. "There is nothing you need to worry about. She just gets disciplined.", Billie replied but it just made me panic even more.

I remember what Billie did to me when she 'disciplined' me... She killed Madison, whipped me and carved her name into my stomach with a knife... Elizabeth already was broken. I didn't want to imagine what Charlotte did to her now. "Elizabeth doesn't need to be disciplined... She didn't do anything wrong.", I said in panic and Billie raised her eyebrow. "But she must've triggered something that made you pass out.", she said but I shook my head.

"She didn't. We were just talking casually about the wedding and then I was suddenly feeling sick. I didn't ate anything except cake, so maybe it was too much sugar, that made me feel sick. You know how sensitive my stomach is.", I tried to explain to her. She had a hard time to believe me but she also knew that I probably wouldn't dare to lie to her. I actually couldn't believe myself that I managed to lie to her but my will to help Elizabeth was stronger.

"Alright, maybe we were too quick to blame mommy. I will talk to mother about this. Please stay here until I get back.", she said and left the room. I sighed in relief. Maybe I could stop the pain Elizabeth had to endure before it got even more painful. While I was waiting for Billie to come back, I could hear someone cry in front of my door. I decided to stand up and open it, to see who it was and I was surprised to see Melanie right in front of me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bother you but I don't know who I can talk to about this. Billie will probably agree with Charlotte and I need someone, who understands me.", Melanie sobbed out and I allowed her to come in. Billie only told me to stay in the room. She didn't forbid me to invite someone to join me. Melanie and I sat down together on the bed and she instanly pulled me into a tight embrace.