~the crash~

Spa 2021. This was the day everything changed in the racing career of Millie Norris. Just at the age of 16, she had been competing in the Italian f4 championship and walking her way through the field. That's why she felt so lucky when she was asked to fill in for David Schumacher in the feature race in formula 3 at non other than Spa. This opportunity could really help her break into the big leagues of motorsport and make a huge impact for women everywhere. Little did she know that this would be the day everything changed.

By filling in for David, She would be driving the trident car, along with teammates Jack Doohan and Clem Novalak. She had met Jack a few times and the Aussie seemed nice enough. She didn't get any time in the car before the race so she was very shocked when 5 laps in she was leading.

I guess racing was in her blood. Her older brother was non other than Lando Norris, mclaren formula 1 driver. When he heard she would be racing in formula 3 he was over the moon for her and made sure to be there for her race.

She made her way round turn 1 and towards eau rouge, with teammate Jack Doohan hot on her heals. The aussie wouldn't give up as he wanted the place back that she had taken from him two laps ago. This is where everything went wrong. Heading up onto the straight she had no time to think. An FIA car pulled out onto the track. If she pulled out to the left, she would hit the wall, if she pulled out to the right she would go straight into Jack. Both her and Jack had no time to think and went crashing into each other, causing a huge collision. Both cars went spinning out of control and Millie's flipped up into the air. She glided down the straight upside down and lost all consciousness. The FIA car was nowhere to be seen anymore.

For people watching there was so much confusion. Where did the FIA car go, and where were all the stewards. Nobody was rushing to help any of the drivers. Luckily the two were so far ahead of the field that everyone could immediately go into the pits for the red flag.

Jack managed to get out his car on his own. He had taken a fair hit but his car stayed fairly in tact and the right way up. Millie however wasn't as fortunate. Jack looked up and saw that nobody was even attempting to help the girl. So through all the aches and pains he felt, he ran towards her car. The back of it began to light in flames and he couldn't see her moving. Meanwhile in the paddock, Lando Norris was being held back by stewards, who seemed to care more about keeping him in the pitlane, than the life threatening situation the girl was in just up the track.

The car was more and more in flames as Millie regained consciousness. She could smell the smoke and felt all the blood rushing to her head. She pushed and pushed but just wasn't strong enough to move the car enough to slip out. 16 years old and this was it for her. This is the risk with racing, but why was an FIA car out anyway?

"Millie can you hear me?"
an aussie accent called out
"yes please help i cant get out" she said through coughs and splutters.
"it's ok i'm here. on the count of three push off the ground as much as you can yeah?"
"okay"
"1, 2, 3,"

Millie pushed and felt someone pull the car up. she saw the flames and knew it was now or never. She did her best to wriggle out the car and lay in the floor. She was injured and couldn't get any further. Jack picked her up bridal style and moved her away from the car. Stewards came running out with fire extinguishers for the car.
"where the fuck were they when i nearly died" she murmured before slowly closing her eyes again.

———————————————————————
AN: Hi guys!!! had to include this chapter to set the context for the rest of the story!' what do we all think?!