~like....a date?~

walking through the paddock after her win was an interesting experience to say the least. everyone was looking at her as she walked down the pitlane with her trophy, but she had a feeling that wasn't why.
"Millie Norris what a drive!"
she looked up to see Kevin Magnussen infront of her. he gave her a high five.
"thanks Kev. gave it my all out there"
"such a dominant race from you! it was incredible to watch!"
"thankyou"
"now onto my next question. Oliver..?"
"no clue what happened there."
"but you kissed him back no?"
"well....yeah"
"i think surely that should answer any doubts" he said with a wink before he walked back into the haas garage.

f1

liked by millienorris, maxverstappen1 and 113,323 othersf1: a congratulations from kmag to our formula 2 race winner in the pit lane❤️🤍

f1: a congratulations from kmag to our formula 2 race winner in the pit lane❤️🤍

———————————————————————
After doing post race interviews, Millie could make her way back to the support series paddock and back into the prema garage. She stood outside nervous. She really didn't want to face anyone on her team right now, especially Ollie. Taking another deep breath she walked in. The mechanics noticed her and clapped as she walked in, holding her trophy high. she loved these moments where she got to celebrate with her team. Once everything calmed down, she placed her trophy on the side and walked over to Jamie, one of her head mechanics.
"well done millie. amazing drive"
"thanks Jamie. umm can i ask you a question?"
"yeah of course you can"
she hesitated before she asked
"umm....well"
"come on mil, spit it out" he said jokingly
she sighed
"do you know where ollie is?"
he smiled before answering
"he's gone to get changed, said he'd be back in 5"
"and how long ago was that?"
"about 5 minutes ago"
as if on cue, ollie walked into the garage, high fiving a few of the mechanics before standing talking to them.
"your staring at him"
she quickly turned her head back to jamie
"no i'm not. thankfully he doesn't seem to have noticed i'm here. maybe i can sneek out before he does"
"well you can try but he's walking over here so best of luck with that"
he patted her on the shoulders before walking away.
"wait Ja-"
"hey mil"

she turned around and looked straight at him. For some reason he seemed so different to her now she looked again. His hair was messy and yet seemed perfect to her. His eyes had a sparkle in them that she just couldn't ignore.
"hey Ol"
silence
very awkward silence
Ollie spoke up
"i'm sorry"
"for what?"
he sighed
"kissing you"
"your sorry?"
"yeah, it was heat of the moment. i think i was just excited. it didn't mean anything, honestly"
for some reason she felt her heard deflate in that moment.
"oh" she said looking at the ground "well if that's all i'll go"
and she walked out the garage and into the prema meeting room they had been assigned. Ollie noticed something was off so followed her in. He closed the door behind him
"are you ok?"
she hadn't realised he was there.
"oh umm yeah i'm fine"
she turned to face him
"you seemed upset when i said what i did"
screw it
"fine well maybe i am! maybe the kiss meant something to me and to find out it meant nothing to you hurt me!"
he smiled
"ollie why the fuck does that make you smile"
he edged closer to her
"mil it meant something to me. i just thought i'd messed our friendship up so had to play it cool. i like you millie i really do"
he got closer to her
"do you like me?" he asked hopefully
she giggled
"yes you idiot, come here"
they wrapped their arms around each other in a hug

he eventually pulled away but kept close, softly saying "can i kiss you again?"
she smiled
"you don't need to ask permission every time Ol"
"good"
and with that they kissed again, except this one had so much more meaning and they could both feel it.

when they eventually pulled apart they sat down and millie asked the question
"what do we do now?"
he seemed confused
"what do you mean"
"well if there's something going on between us, we really shouldn't let everyone know. not for now atleast. i just wanna see where this goes"
"yeah your right. in any interviews if we get asked, that kiss was just excitement, and meant nothing, yeah?"
"so what you told me"
"exactly"
"yeah ok, i think that's the best way to go about it"
they smiled at each other, getting lost in each others eyes. they were quickly snapped out of it when the door opened. it was Jamie.
"sorry to interrupt but millie if your doing your f1 grid walk, you might wanna head down now"
"yeah i'll be right there" she responded
she stood up and placed a kiss on ollie's head
"i'll see you when the race starts"

due to being a ferrari driver academy member, she got to sit above the ferrari garage and watch the race, along with Ollie, Arthur and Dino, but Lando had given her grid tickets for before the race. she was excited as the only time she had ever been on the grid before a race was when she was in her own car at the start of her events.
———————————————————————

Walking down the grid, she was admiring all the formula 1 cars up close. she was in awe of them, hoping one day she would be able to drive them and fight for podiums or even wins.
"millie norris can we have a quick word?"
it was martin brundle with sky f1, out on his usual grid walks
"of course"
"how are you feeling ahead of today's race"
"i'm excited. monaco is a special one and never fails to be interesting"
"you of course won here just this morning, has that settled in yet?"
"no it really hasn't. winning is one thing but in monaco it's just so special!"
"and we even saw a kiss shared with your teammate. is there something between you two?"
"no don't worry. we were just so excited and before the race we joked saying i'd kiss him if i won. i guess it was heat if the moment. didn't mean a thing honestly"
it hurt her i say it but it was the right way to take things.
"and finally, who are your bets on to win today"
"i'd have to go max. he's a good friend and he's been strong all wekeend. of course i'm cheering on the ferraris and lando too"
"enjoy the race millie"
"thankyou martin"
———————————————————————

sat in the ferrari box was so fun. spending time with two of her best friends while watching formula 1 was a dream.
"so what happened with you two and that kiss eh?" arthur suddenly spoke
millie and ollie shared a look, knowing arthur would see right through a lie.
ollie spoke up "turns out we like each other"
"so are you together?"
"no no. we just wanna see how things go. take it slowly. not tell anyone" millie said, stressing the last part
"i'm happy for you two" arthur said, making the pair smile
dino came back from getting a drink
"did i miss anything"
"no" the three immediately said in unison, before letting out a laugh.
———————————————————————

A few days later, millie arrived in Italy, ahead of training with prema to prepare for barcelona, their next f2 race. Ollie had invited her to stay at his place, as he spent a lot of time in italy so his own place to stay. she gladly accepted and was now at his front door, knocking. he answered with a smile on his face.
"come on in"

she left her bag near the door and took her shoes off. she followed him to the couch and sat down with him.
"so we aren't training until tomorrow, what shall we do?" he asked, turning to face her
"i don't know whatever you fancy really"
before he could speak, her phone started ringing.
"sorry it's Lando, won't be a sec"

she came back from the call with Lando. he just wanted to check she was ok and made it to ollie's safely.
"does Lando know about us?"
"yeah. don't worry, he won't tell"
"i know"
they smiled at each other
ollie said "i thought of an idea of what we could do tonight"
"go on" she said interested
he hesitated for a moment.
"well i was thinking maybe i could take you out for some dinner. like....a date?"
"are you asking me out oliver bearman?" she said smirking
"maybe i am millie norris" he said smirking back.
she giggled
"i would love to go on a date with you" she said before giving him a quick peck on the lips