~date night~

Getting dressed for the date, millie was nervous. She didn't want to be overdressed or underdressed.
"Ollie" she shouted down the corridor.
he appeared at the other end
"what's up?"
"what do i need to wear"
"something comfy and probably warm"
"it's a good job i asked cause i was about to put on a dress"
he laughed "yeah don't do that"
"thanks ol"

comfy? where could he be taking her. she closed the door again and tried to figure out what to wear. leggings and a hoodie? that was warm and comfy. best to check. she opened the door again

"ollie"
he appeared at the end of the hallway
"what's up now" he said with a slight giggle
"hoodie and leggings?"
"not personally what i'm gonna wear but..."
"you know what i mean"
"yes hoodie and leggings is fine"
"so nothing fancy?"
"nothing fancy no" he said with a smile
"thanks ol"

she went back in the room and closed the door. should she wear something dark to avoid any dirt. would there be any dirt? best to check. she opened the door again.

"Ol- oh"
he was stood at the end of the hallway already
"how did you know?"
"i know how much you like to panic. just put on your comfiest leggings and hoodie and get some shoes on. you will look perfect no matter what you wear"
she smiled
"alright, give me a minute"

She put on some black leggings, a grey cropped hoodie and some grey and white shoes to match. She took a photo in the mirror then went out into the main room of the apartment. Ollie looked up.
"wow you look amazing"
"don't kid yourself Ol, it's hoodie and leggings"
"you still look amazing"
"thankyou. you look nice too"
he was wearing a blue tshirt with some grey shorts
"thankyou. see i just accepted the compliment"
she rolled her eyes.

She went onto instagram and to the stories section and put the photo up there with some text.
"ollie can i post this"
he took a look
"yeah of course, why are you asking me?"
"because it says date night"
"nobody's gonna know i'm the one your going with"
"true"

millienorris via stories

"let's get going shall we?""yeah

"yeah. where are we going Ol?"
"you'll see"
———————————————————————

They were in the car for about an hour and a half.
"gosh ollie are you taking me back to the uk or something?"
he giggled and put his hand on her leg as he drove
"10 more minutes i promise"
"okay"
she had butterflies through her whole body due to his touch.

They pulled up on a small car park on the coast. Ollie got out the car. Millie sat there confused. When she got out she joined ollie round the back of the car.
"where are we"
"the beach"
she smiled "i love the beach"
"i know. and you also love sunsets and ice cream. so i'm thinking, ice cream, walk on the beach and sunset?"
"sounds perfect"

They wandered down to an old ice cream shop that had many exciting flavours. Ollie got milkybar while Millie got kinder. When they left, they took some steps down to the beach.
"that was the best ice cream i've ever had in my entire life" she said, finishing off the cone
"i agree. and the flavours too! i've never seen kinder or milkybar i've cream anywhere" ollie said
"oh Ol, stop"
he stood still and gave her a puzzled look
"what's up"
"you've got an ice cream moustache" she giggled, while wiping it away with her thumb
"is it gone?"
"yes. what were you doing, saving that for later?"
"oh yeah, real classy of me"
they both giggled as they carried on walking. they were shoulder to shoulder just enjoying each others company. he felt brave so moved his hand to her and interwined their fingers. she looked up at him and smiled. She was about to lean in for a kiss when she heard a shout.

"Ollie, Millie!!"
a young girl came running towards them, followed by two teenagers. the pair quickly moved away from each other.
"ollie, millie. please could you sign my cap!"
she took the ferrari cap off her head and held out a pen. Ollie crouched down and took the pen and signed the cap while Millie took a photo with the young girls two older sisters. She looked over at Ollie who was laughing at the young girl and smiled. The two older girls seemed about her age.
"how old are you both?"
"i'm 18 and she's 16"
"ah ok. around my age then"
"yeah"
the 16 year old then spoke
"i saw on your story that it was date night. are you and ollie on a date?"
she felt her cheeks heat up. the girls looked at her knowingly
"okay maybe, but you cant tell anyone. we aren't together and we don't want anything to be public"
"awwww. it's about time. and we won't tell anyone. no need to worry"
"thanks girls"

the younger girl ran over to millie, holding her cap and pen in the air.
"millie, pretty please can you sign this?"
"of course i can!"
she crouched down to be level with the girl and signed her cap
"when i'm older i want to race in formula 2 just like you"
"awww really!"
one of the older girls spoke
"she started karting in january. she loved watching you in formula 3. your her inspiration"
hearing this made millie's heart feel warm. to know that she was inspiring young girls to race and not care that it was male dominated made her smile. she turned back to the young girl and signed her cap.
"please can i have a photo with you both!"
"of course you can" millie and ollie said in sync

they stood together and had a photo. the three girls thanked them and began to walk away, before the young girl ran back and gave millie a hug.
"what's your name?"
"Lily"
"well lily, i think your gonna be an amazing racer but you need to stick it out. no matter what anyone says. your gonna be a star"
"thankyou millie"
lily gave her another hug then ran off back towards he sisters, who were now stood with two people millie assumed were their parents

"that was sweet" ollie said
"yeah it really was. it makes me so happy to know that other girls want to race in higher levels. makes me realise i'm not alone"
ollie smiled
"you'll never be alone mil. now come on, let's go find a good spot for the sunset"

they went and sat on a bench at the edge of the beach to watch the sunset before they headed back to the car. Millie was so exhausted that she fell asleep on the journey. She had enjoyed herself so much and knew that if things stayed as they were, her and ollie could be a perfect pair.