~home~

"okay Millie that's P8, P8"
"ugh. okay guys. closer to the front tomorrow and some fighting to do on sunday i guess. where did ollie finish?"
"he's coming round the last few corners now. bring the car in"

Qualifying in barcelona hadn't gone how she hoped, but when she was stood in the pitlane and saw ollie's car pull in front of the P1 sign, she was excited.
"no way pole position!!" she ran up to him and gave him a hug
"yeah i'm so happy. where did you come? they didn't tell me"
"oh....P8"
"you will bounce back tomorrow"
"hopefully!"

when he said that, he was correct. skipping on to the last lap of the sprint race.
"chequered flag millie. THATS P1. A WIN HERE IN SPAIN"
"AY AY AYYY LETS GOO BABY. good way to grab some points after the unfortunate quali yesterday. LETS GO TEAM!"

Standing on the podium was a feeling any racing driver enjoyed, but to be stood up there in P1 again after not thinking she could race this season was the best feeling in the world. She saw a few team principles from formula 1 teams clapping her on from below the podium which put an even greater smile on her face. She saw Ollie and Lando stood together cheering her on. She waved at them and winked at ollie, who returned the gesture.

The sunday was a great day for the team too with Ollie converting his pole position to P1. Millie took P5, which was ok as it gave the team a decent amount of points.

After debrief they went to the ferrari garage to watch the formula 1 race, which max verstappen took the win from, making his championship lead even greater than it already was. Millie was sat deep in conversation with arthur, when Fred Vasseur walked in.
"millie could i have a word please"
"umm yeah sure"

she walked out, looking back to give Dino, Ollie and Arthur a worried look. She followed him silently out into the paddock and into his office in the ferrari motorhome. She took a seat opposite him as he sat at his desk. He then looked up at her.
"how are you Millie?"
"umm yeah i'm great, how are you?"
"i'm very well thankyou. great drive from you yesterday. made some brilliant moves to stand on the top step. well deserved"
"thankyou Fred"
"i wanted to speak to you about your racing and performance"
"yes no worries. ask away"
"i think so far this season you have shown amazing talent, especially due to everything you have been through. You've showed amazing resilience racing in a male dominated sport. i think that i may have a solution for you"
"a solution?"
"to your ban. let's be real, the FIA are probably already writing rules to put in place next season to stop you being able to race under a temporary contract, so i think we can work together to get your ban lifted."
a shocked expression crept onto her face
"really?"
"yes. it's going to be a lot of work and joining the FDA was a good start an will help massively. one of the main things i need you to do is keep up the performances. keep getting onto the top step of that podium and keep driving like your life depends on it"
"in a sense i guess my life does depend on it"
"is racing your life?"
"pretty much"
he smiled
"your gonna be an incredible formula one driver one day"
"you really think so?"
"i know so millie. now, go join your friends and i will speak to you soon"
"thankyou"

She walked back to the boys, who all had questions for her.
"what the fuck was that?" came from ollie
"are you stealing my brothers seat?" came from arthur
"does he really have a bowl of onions in his office?" came from dino
Millie answered very quickly with "he's going to help me get my ban removed, no arthur don't worry, dino what the fuck?"
"carlos told me he has a bowl of onions!" dino said putting his hands up in surrender
"dino let me teach you an important lesson. never ever listen to carlos"
they all giggled
"so he's gonna help you get your ban removed?" ollie asked
"apparently so. he said i didn't really need to do much other than keep the good results coming in. he said i need to try keep getting on that top step of the podium, which doesn't seem to be an issue, but my qualifying pace is awful. that's what i'm worried about"
arthur spoke up
"ok but points don't come in quail day mil"
"yeah i guess"
———————————————————————