~even stevens now pourchaire~

"come here"
"but you don't get it, i need to perform well"
"millie, relax and come here"
she sighed and sat down on the bed against the headboard next to ollie. he put his arm around her and told her to breathe.
"you know how good of a driver you are and how well you perform under pressure. don't be letting yourself fall into the pit of self doubt on the final stretch" he said softly
she thought about it.
he was right.
she knew he was.
she turned her head towards him and smiled.
"yeah your right. i think i just know that this championship means more than just becoming a world champion. it's the key for a future of racing."
"i know and i can't even begin to imagine the pressure you must be feeling right now, but i'm here for you every step of the way. so is lando. so is jack. so are fred, arthur and fernando. and so are the whole team. you've got so many people backing you and here to support you and we all know your gonna give it your all and that's what matters"
she had tears in her eyes at this point. she couldn't speak from the emotions, so she just loved her head forward and rested it against ollie's. he gently put his hand on her cheek and rubbed her cheek with his thumb.
"thankyou ol" she eventually whispered
"anytime" he whispered back, before pulling her in for a gentle and sweet kiss.

pulling away he looked at her and smiled.
"i fucking love you. did you know that?" he asked
"hmmm you may have mentioned it a few times" she said as they both giggled
"i love you too ol"
they both lay down to rest, ready for the day ahead of them"
———————————————————————

"GUYS WHATS HAPPENING"
"relax millie. there seems to be an power issue. we are so sorry"
"no way i'm not retiring the car guys, not now. there's three laps to go"
"it's safe to carry on but you won't be able to push as fast"
"i don't care. time to channel my inner danny ric monaco redemption day"
"not sure how to respond to that one mil but go you!"
she had some funny chats with her engineer but all that didn't matter right now. she had to make it to the end of this sprint keeping it in the points. She got overtaken a few times taking her from P5 to P8. there was nothing she could do with the lack of power but a point was better than non.

"ok guys tell me the damage, where did theo finish"
"ok so theo finished P2. no fastest lap meaning he got 8 points"
"so there was a 7 point gap and i came 8th meaning i got one point meaning...."
"you are equal going into tomorrow"
she felt her heart drop. the pressure was truly on.

Hopping out of the car she congratulated Jack, who had won the race. He ran over to her and gave her a hug, both still wearing their helmets.
"well done JD, i'm so proud"
she could feel the smile beaming even though he was wearing a helmet. he said thankyou before being whisked away for interviews. She looked around and saw Theo stood there with his helmet off. She took hers off and gave it to a member of her team before jumping the barriers and heading over to him. Noticing her coming towards him, he placed the pirelli second place cap on his head before walking to meet her. They greeted each other and shook hands.
"even stevens now pourchaire"
"not for long." he said with a playful smirk
"i agree. when i win tomorrow, i'll be ahead and world champion" she quipped back
they both laughed. there really was no bad blood between the two of them, like some people assumed.
———————————————————————

millienorris

liked by prema_team, olliebearman and 375,274 othersmillienorris: not our day

millienorris: not our day. see you tomorrow👋
tagged: @prema_team

view all comments

prema_team: ups and downs. reset and head onto tomorrow💪🏻

olliebearman: everyone is behind you mil🤍

landonorris: cruel part of racing. just remember the good times
———————————————————————

theopourchaire

liked by alfaromeostake, millienorris and 384,234 otherstheopourchaire: same again tomorrow?tagged: artgp_official

theopourchaire: same again tomorrow?
tagged: artgp_official

view all comments

artgp_offiial: championship 🔜👀

millienorris: same again tomorrow is fine! you take P2 and i'll take the top step yeah?
     >theopourchaire: @millienorris ha your funny.....
————————————————————————

After a team debrief, millie and ollie headed over to the formula 1 paddock to meet Lando. he had asked the two of them to go and help him with a 'special project'. The way he had said it down the phone scared them both as you never knew what Lando had up his sleeve. He was probably the most random and unpredictable person you will ever meet. They scanned their passes and headed over towards mclaren. Lando and oscar were stood outside.
"ahhh here they are" oscar said making lando look up from his phone
"ahh here we goooo" lando said with a smirk on his face
"you know how nervous we are" she said smiling at him
lando rolled his eyes before giving them both jackets. a red one to ollie, a blue one to millie. Lando then put on a red jacket and oscar put on a blue one, before taking the two of them through the garage and out into the pitlane.

Turns out, they were filming a challenge for mclaren and had chosen to have those two as their teammates.
"wait you got to choose your partners?" she asked
oscar and lando nodded in unison. she looked at lando
" and you didn't pick your own sister?!"
"i prefer ollie to be honest" he shrugged
Ollie, Lando and Oscar laughed while millie stood there with a fake offended look on her face, but she eventually laughed too.

They filmed with Mclaren, all having a good time. It helped distract millie from what she was going to have to do the day after, but eventually, it was time for the two to head back to the support paddock and prepare to leave track and get a good nights sleep, ready for the next day.

Walking back through the paddock, they walked past the ART truck and saw Theo looking through a tiny window. He spotted them and the three of them started laughing. Millie took out her phone and snapped a photo before waving to him, just as ollie had done and heading off to sigh out for the evening.

millienorris via stories

Championship standings
M. Norris- 221
T.Pourchaire- 221