~almost time~

Millie scanned her f2 paddock pass and walked down the middle of the trucks, each representing a different formula 2 team. The sun glistened as it reflected off the bright red that lined the prema truck in the distance . This could be her final weekend dressed in red and she wanted to make the most of it. She had to become champion. She had her earpods in, blocking out the outside world as she continued down the paddock towards prema, quietly humming along to 'cardigan' by taylor swift. She was in her own little world, not wanting any distractions, knowing that she had to be in the zone all weekend. She adjusted the collar of her ferrari driver academy polo and undid the top button to allow her neck to be a bit more exposed, to try and avoid the sweat she could feel building up, partially warmth, partially due to the anxious feeling that was building up in her chest. As she walked closer and closer to the prema truck, the reality of how important this weekend was had truly hit her.

Looking up as she arrived at prema, Ollie came out to see her and smiled as he saw her approach. She took out her earpods and put them back in the case, which then went loosely in her pocket. He put his arms out allowing her to walk into them and gave her a hug, kissing the top of her head.
"how are you feeling for the weekend?" he asked
"i'm nervous, but i'm gonna give it my all. the future of my career depends on it" she responded, her head still in his chest.
They created a small amount of distance before ollie continued talking
"have you done the maths for it?"
"yeah, i could do with topping practise and quali and a decent sprint race to give me more leeway in the feature, but something tells me theo won't be backing down without a fight"
ollie smiled
"he likes to fight, but you've got the upper hand here. 9 point gap, that seems useful to me"
she simply shrugged her shoulders
"yeah i guess"
he smiled sadly at her knowing how big this weekend would be. he then placed a hand on her shoulder
"if anyone can do it mil, it's you"
"thankyou ol" she quickly glanced around to check nobody was in earshot
"i love you"
he pulled her in for another hug
"i love you too"
———————————————————————

the weekend started on thursday with media, where they had a press conference for the current top 5 in the championship. In order, the five drivers were norris, pourchaire, iwasa, doohan, bearman. They went round and asked questions, some targeted at certain drivers, some for the whole group. One person stood up and asked
"this is for any of you who want to answer, what is your opinion on the way a lot of people have been saying females shouldn't be racing in higher formulas like formula 3,2&1?"

"it's complete bullshit" jack said immediately "sorry i know i'm not supposed to swear but it's stupid. i mean, look at millie, she's leading the championship and pretty much a better driver than most of the grid put together. if anyone deserves a formula 1 seat it's here"

the person nodded before iwasa spoke "i think racing should be equal. it's based of skill not gender and there are many female drivers out there who have the skill to drive just as well as we can"

theo was next
"females have just as much space in motorsport as men, whether that's driving, mechanics, media....anything. millie is a prime example of the change that is starting to happen"

millie shared a smile with him before looking over to ollie who had started talking.
"the people who say stuff like that can't call themselves fans of our sport. to be honest, they probably look at millie and everything she had achieved and everything she will
achieve and said it out of jealous, cause millie is top class and is the most amazing driver i've ever met, on and off track"

millie felt the heat rise to her cheek before lifting the microphone to her mouth.
"i think whoever had been saying that should piss off because there's no space for them in our sport"

the room applauded the five drivers and how confident they were when it came to speaking on a huge topic.

Millie and Theo were asked a few questions about the championship battle and if they were going to be friendly or if we were to expect someone to be leaving the track in a temper tantrum.
"me and theo have a lot of respect for each other i think so we both know how hard this competition will be and i think we are both prepared to fight until the very moment we cross that finish line on sunday" millie had said confidently.
Theo smiled at her and said "yeah i have nothing but respect for millie but that doesn't mean i'll go lightly. i'll be pushing to the limit every session this weekend. may the best driver win"
"oh i will" millie said into her microphone, making everyone in the room giggle
———————————————————————

formula2 and f1

liked by fiaf3, theopourchaire and 694,274 othersformula2: these two future starts have been fighting all season and it all comes down to this last race weekend

formula2: these two future starts have been fighting all season and it all comes down to this last race weekend. who will take the world championship?🏁👇
tagged: @theopourchaire @millienorris

view all comments

carlossainz55: vamos millie!

landonorris: come on sis💪🏻

theopourchaire: hmm that millie seems good
>millienorris: @theopourchaire yeah but have you seen that theo dudes consistency

user82: i love how they are rivals and still banter

user24: millie has to take it!!!

user522: realistically theo will win it. millie is a girl she can't drive
>theopourchaire: @user522 stfu

ferraridriveracademy: go fight for that WDC millie!!

alfaromeostake: we're backing theo!!

scuderiaferrari: our future talent millie has to take this!!