CHAPTER 23:

Y/N

I have been avoiding Kakashi like the plague ever since I read his letter and this is the first time I have ever felt like a coward. I can't even bring myself to feel shame over it because he has me twisted up in a way I never felt before. Another month flew by and that annoying, handsome man has upped the ante, instead of leaving things in my office to find he started handing me things. 

He never asked me if I read it and I didn't receive another one but his lingering looks and soft smiles he keeps sending my ways were making my heart sing and my pussy flutter. My poor vibrator needed to be upgraded because of the abuse I was putting it through. 

The week after I read his letter, he handed me a bag filled with the chocolate I love from the Mist Village, then the next day it was a book I have been searching for, for months that was only available in the Sand Village. The week after it was a brand-new computer, printer and phone, he even painted my office because I made a comment in passing to Sakura about it being a bland color. 

That was when the paranoia started, I swear he had listening devices planted everywhere because I mention something once and boom, it shows up. I acted like a church mouse when I stepped foot into this building because I swear if he does another sweet gesture, I'm going to give in. 

"Good morning, y/n." Kakashi said when he walked into my office and I sat ramrod straight. 

"Good morning, Hokage-Sama." I said evenly and I mentally patted myself on the back for not stuttering. He gave me a sweet smile and I melted before mentally scolding myself. 'So fucking pathetic.'

"Can I have my schedule please?" He asked sweetly and my suspicions rose, he never asks for his schedule; I email it to him as soon as his door closes every morning. I handed him his schedule, mindful to avoid touching his fingers. His brows furrowed slightly at my movements before he even his face out.

"Thank you." He nodded and I gave him one back, when he hesitated, my head tilted.

"Is there anything else, Hokage-Sama?" I questioned, silently begging him to leave so I could screw my head on straight.

"No but thank you for all that you do. By the way, you look beautiful today.." He murmured and my face heated and I stuttered out a thank you. That was another new thing, he started giving me compliments and they varied everyday. I hated how observant he was because the compliments he gave me were never the same and were never only surface level.

When his office door closed I dropped my head onto my desk with a quiet groan. A chuckle made me sit up straight, thinking he caught me losing my mind. "Everything okay?" Tsunade smirked at me from the doorway and I let out a breath.

"Mhmm." 

"Riiiight. Well I have good news." She smiled and I gestured her to sit.

"What good news?" I asked while drinking water to cool myself off.

"You have a date." 

The water went down the wrong pipe and I spit majority of it on my desk. "Gross." She snickered and I glared at her in-between pounding on my chest and trying to take in air. Kakashi whipped the door open with wide eyes and paused when he saw Tsunade.

"Oh, hello Kakashi." She smirked.

"Sorry.. I thought-- never mind." He disappeared behind the door and I finally caught my breath.