Kung Fu Panda Pt. 5

Po was the one to carry me down as i feigned laziness, to which he never questioned.

"You have done well, Panda." I slowly climb down from his back

"Done well? Done well?! I've done awesome!" He swings his belly around and knocks Shifu off balance, though he quickly regaining his dignity.

"The mark of a true hero is humility. But yes...you have done..." Shifu playfully punches Po in the side hard enough for him to stagger. "...awesome." My smile brightens as i laugh along with their antics.

Their chuckles falter when they hear an approaching flapping sound. An indistinct figure appears in the clouds behind them... it's Crane.

Crane carries the five to the palace grounds, crashing in a heap. His paralysed comrades are scattered in the middle of the courtyard. "WHat happened?" I ask, kneeling down in front of the crane.

Po throws his backpack aside and runs over to them. "They're dead?! No, they're breathing! They're asleep?! No, their eyes are open..."

"We were no match... for his nerve attack."

"He has gotten stronger..." Shifu mutters He presses some pressure points on Mantis's chest, freeing him.

"Who? Tai Lung? Stronger?"

Shifu starts freeing Monkey while Po leans over them. Monkey releases suddenly from his paralysis... and delivers a punch to Po's head.

"He's too fast!" He slowly realizes where he is. "Sorry, Po."

Shifu kneels before Tigress and works to free her. She revives with a gasp.

"I thought we could stop him." She mutters ashamed. I stand up joining alongside po.

"He could have killed you."

"Why didn't he?" I question grabbing onto Po's hand worried.

"So they could come back and strike fear into our hearts. But it won't work." While he says this, he frees Viper.

"Uh, it might... I mean, a little. I'm pretty scared." Po mutters making me smile a bit.

"You can defeat him, panda!" Shifu says.

"Are you kidding? If they can't..." Around us, the Five are exhausted and beaten. "They're five masters. I'm just one me."

"But you will have the one thing that no one else does."

...............................................

My eyes widen as we stare at the Dragon Scroll rests in the mouth of the golden dragon on the ceiling. Po stares at Shifu... then looks up at the Scroll. Then back at Shifu...

"You really... believe I'm ready?"

"You are... Po."

They look at each other, I cover my mouth not trying to interrupt this big moment.

Oogway's staff hangs in a rack surrounded by candles. Above the staff is a portrait of Oogway performing his usual Tai Chi beneath the peach tree. As we all stand by, Shifu carries the staff over to the reflecting pool. Shifu bows his head, then, eyes still closed, he raises the staff up above his head.

we watch, expectantly as Shifu whirls the staff. The peach blossom petals rise in a flickering, spinning cloud up from the pool. The gentle tornado rises up around the ceiling carving that holds the Dragon Scroll. The petals loosen the scroll from the dragon's mouth and it falls. At the last second, Shifu reaches out with the staff to catch the scroll on the end of it. He turns to Po, holding it out.