Chapter 17 - Desperate Situation

Before boys had time to rest, they had to prepare for the next competition: rope pulling.

The 4 strongest students from class D, Sudo, Me, Ayanokoji and Hirata were selected

In front of us there was a B class,while the A class was paired with the C class.

I looked at the B-class students, they are probably a more balanced group in general, but I have full confidence that we will win.

We went to the rope alone,we were sorted by height order. Sudo was standing at the back,then me, then Ayanokoji, and Hirata was standing at the front.

With the referee's whistle, the rope pulling competition started,as I expected, they were equal with us. Sudo was using all his strength

Sudo:Arrrghhh, we can do it, don't stop

He's probably trying to give us motivation, I don't understand. Anyway, I started using more and more force, and the other side was getting closer to crossing the line. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn't, I was using a high amount of power.

Sudo:Now!!!

With Sudo's sign, we all used all our strength at the same time,of course, I didn't use all my strength, I could have finished from the beginning. And we won the rope pulling race. On the other side, the A class had defeated the C class.

We went back to the cabin, I sat down again and started to rest. On the other side, the girls had won their own race. Frankly, I think we're in an advantageous position. Now there was a girls' steeplechase race

We trusted Horikita, but she fell into the same group as Yajima-san and Kinoshita-san again. A coincidence? No matter how talented Horikita was, these two were experts in this field. It's really suspicious, as if the C class know about oyr competitors

The race started with the referee's signal.

Unlike the 100-meter run, which depends only on the speed and endurance of the person, there were various obstacles in the Deceleration race, but there was not as much difference between them as we thought.

After passing the balance board, the distance between them cecelerated almost as if they were running side by side.

Sudo: It looks like she has a chance this time

Sudo was also cheering on Horikita and holding his hands tightly as he watched. When Horikita passed the network barrier before the others, she managed to take the lead.

Since Kinoshita is a fast runner, she managed to close the brief cecoupling caused by obstacles, finishing 2nd.moved to the queue

Yajima probably wouldn't have a hard time getting the first place. Horikita was also doing her best to take the second place. When Horikita reached the sacks, she was slightly off balance and approached Kinoshita.

It was like a 1-2 second difference between them. Horikita was running at full speed for the remaining 50 meters. Meanwhile, perhaps she was worried about Kinoshita approaching from behind and was constantly looking in behind her sometimes for checking

This caused her to linger for a moment, and Horikita and Kinoshita came side by side. At that time, both Horikita, who was trying to pass Kinoshita with a momentary run, and Kinoshita, whom she was trying to pass, bumped into each other and fell.

From this distance, it was impossible for me to tell which one had fallen on top of the other, but there had been a fall, and they were both on the ground now.

Although they continued to compete, the competition did not have a huge impact.  Horikita surprisingly 7. It has happened. Kinoshita, on the other hand, could not continue the competition due to pain in her leg and finished last.