Year 2 Chapter 10 - Mistake

(A short chapter has a little more than 1000 words)

In the heart of the forest, a symphony of birdsong fills the air, like nature's own choir welcoming the day. The gentle breeze rustles the leaves.

The sight caused Tsukishiro to smile slyly.

Tsukishiro: The port is located about 150 meters in front of us. If you want, go ahead.

Ichinose: O-okay...!

Ichinose hastily put on his backpack to get away as quickly as possible. She left immediately with quick steps.

Kazuki: Acting Director Tsukishiro and Shiba-sensei...

His lips curl upwards

Kazuki:... It's weird that you two here~ Especially Acting Director.

Tsukishiro: Kids are really cocky these days, aren't they?

Kazuki slowly approached the two of them

Shiba: Don't get too close...

Shiba warned him, but he had no intention of listening.

Kazuki POV

And when I get close enough....

Shiba tried to grab me with his big right hand. He was aiming for my neck.

My intuition was screaming...

Danger!

Intuitively, I kept my distance by stepping back immediately.

Tsukishiro was still standing when Shiba moved into a fighting position.

I threw a punch towards Shiba.

He quickly dodge my fist and made a counterattack. I blocked the punch because I didn't have enough time to avoid.

Me: Argh... Nice punch.

I tried to open the distance immediately. Even I blocked Shiba's punch, he had quite a lot of pure power.

Tsukishiro: Let's get started, Shiba-sensei.

With that, both of them started walking towards me at the same time.

Shiba was coming from the back while Tsukishiro was coming from the front.

I have witnessed Shiba's strength, my intuition was saying that Tsukishiro has the same or maybe higher fighting abilities.

Shiba made a move to grab me from behind.

I avoided his attack by bending down a little, and as a counterattack, I gave him a quick kick in the abdominal area.

Suddenly my eyes wide.

When I was dealing with Shiba, Tsukishiro grabbed me by the arm. I couldn't even hear the footsteps, he's dangerous.

Because of the kick, Shiba had lost his balance a little. This gave me 4-5 seconds of time, which I have to get out of Tsukishiro's grip or the two of them will defeat me together.

With my other hand I grabbed Tsukishiro's wrist and used my pure strength to pull his hand away from my right arm.

I quickly opened up a 7-8 meter distance between us by taking the two of them in front of me.