Year 2 Chapter 8 - Uninhabited Island Exam

It was 8:40 in the morning. The ship slowly started the docking process.

Putting it another way, this meant that the curtain was finally about to rise and our special exam on the uninhabited island was about to begin.

There was a total of 157 groups participating in this special exam if you included everyone, from those acting solo to people in four-person groups.

The starting point for all students was D9.

This first day of this special exam could be thought of as an opportunity for us to get accustomed to the environment, since we didn’t have a feel for our surroundings yet.

We listened to the announcements from the teachers as we waited to disembark from the ship. We also had all of our gear, which we had just received a short time ago.

After the explanation yesterday, Me, Ayanokoji and Horikita talked for a while. The three of us will be taking the exam alone, so we tried to find the most ideal combination.

We spent a total of 4960 money points by buying a tent, two liters of water, three 500 ml of water, 12 packs of ready meals, a flashlight, a portable charger, a pot, a lighter and a set of paper cups.

We have made the choices that are ideal for someone who competes alone.

Since there is a difference in experience, the first freshmen will enter the island, then second graders and third graders will enter last.

The time difference between us will not be more than 15 to 30 minutes.

The clock was about to strike nine in the morning right as the last of the first-year students left the ship and touched down on the island. The first designated area was about to be announced.

It was nine o'clock when I heard the first alert of the exam buzz from my wristwatch. Not only me, but every other student around also took out their tablets and immediately started checking out the details of what had just been announced. If we had waited to do that after disembarking, we would have lost precious time.

The first area that I should be heading towards was...C7

When I got off the ship, I saw Ayanokoji and Horikita.

Me: Which cell are you two going to?

Horikita: Mine is F9

Ayanokoji: D7

Hm, we all have a different tables.

Me: My aim will be C7. It seems that we all have a different tables

Horikita: I'm leaving now, its better you two won't expelled.

She warn us.

Me: See you later.

After these words, Horikita, after checking her hat, left for the east. She stopped and for some reason looked towards me. Thinking that she probably wanted to say something, but then she ignore and keep walk away.

Me: Are you waiting here to analyze people?

I asked curiously. I can still chat because I'm not in a hurry right now.

Ayanokoji: My way is more than 1 hour . I'm trying to use it effectively because I have 30 minutes of free time.

While we were chatting with Ayanokoji, someone passed by us.

The smug smile on his face looked as if he had won before the exam started. Yes, this is Koenji

Ayanokoji: Koenji... do you think this boy will take the special exam seriously?