Chapter 20: Weed Roots

Loona and I headed to the Industrial area in Broker to meet up with Mr.Freddrick and his mafia at the location.

  I was kinda nervous about what's going to happen next since the spades are really unpredictable and I was worried about Loona joining in on this since I don't want to put her life in danger either.

  However, I'm surprised she is not afraid about this at all when I saw her smoking a cigarette while looking at her phone.

  We slowed down at a red light as we waited for cross traffic to pass through and there was awkward silence between us. Loona looked at me for a sec while I was paying attention on the road.

"It won't be that bad, you know?" She says as she tries to make me less worried.

"These people don't play around." I said.

"You just need to make weed for them. Like come on. I used to know people that are far worse in hell than here." Loona says.

"You are talking to a christian you know." I joked.

"I doubt it since you are committing a crime. You are bad with sin all over you. There is no reason to be good in this world, especially letting other assholes step all over you. Why be good?" Loona asked.

"Honesty I thought being good gives you more trust and opportunity in life. Or create friendships with others that wanted a simple life. Like earn an honest dollar, do something in your life to be successful. Good helps you to have a simple life." I explained as I continued driving.

"Stan, there is no such thing as good anymore in the year 2023 right now, horrible government, war, betrayal, murder, greed. Your honest job doesn't even give you an opportunity to live in a better apartment, besides that is a dead end job in my opinion." Loona explains.

"Being a dock worker is one of the best paying jobs. I use heavy machinery, I move heavy containers onto trucks. I use craines and get deliveries ready. I earn enough for a living." I said.

"Stan, you can be more than that. Screw about earning an honest dollar. If this weed operation is a success, You can make more than a crappy check a week. Screw about that job, they don't even appreciate you working hard." Loona explains.

"You are right on that, but..."

"Stan, trust me." Loona says as she touches my shoulder.

  I was in deep thought for a minute and she could be right since a lot of people took advantage of me during this time in the city. But crime doesn't pay, but it does when individuals in society always are pricks to one another. Why not?

   We finally made it to the destination and I see Mr. Freddrick and his goons, waiting for us calmly.

"It's good to see you again my boy." Mr. Freddrick said as he shook my hand.

"Where are my friends?" I asked while getting straight to the point.

"Still locked up until you can help pay off their debt when you make the first batch of your weed. And who is this beautiful young lady with you?" He asked.

"I'm Loona, his girlfriend. I do want to be part of this goldmine." She says as she greeted him.

"That's good. Please follow me, you two." Mr Freddrick says as he and his goons escorted us inside the warehouse.

  I noticed that the place is properly set up with proper machinery and has enough equipment to get the weed operation going and there are even some workers already getting the weed together.