Too Little Too Late To Turn Back

Chapter 16

It has been four months since Luca and Sue-Ann separated; during that time Sue-Ann was having difficulty trying to get over Luca and the fact she killed someone and got shot herself, it was all too much and Luca just topped it off. During the first three months, she cried a lot and didn't feel the need to go out much, her school also started and she was doing not so well with her studies but she just needed a little time to focus on it. The first day a man took it upon himself to woo her tho she fell interested in him, she didn't want anyone to talk to. Over time the man acted on his interest in her and even though she was trying not to get emotionally involved, it seems her heart decided on something else. He tried to cheer her up every chance he got and he is generally a sweet person and smart too. It seemed he had a lot of money. Sue-Ann felt like she would be said as a gold digger if she hung around him but he was persistent and she couldn't help but smile at his cuteness and charm. Meanwhile, Luca spends some time with his family and work. Every day he asks himself if he made the right decision, he tried to text her two months down the line but she blocked him, but actually, it was Alaine, Sue-Ann didn't have the heart to consider her feelings for him were strong. She resisted the urge to text him to ask for a reason. Luca tries to resist the urge to fly back to New York. Unfortunately during the month of November, as Sue-Ann was at the café where Luca and she ate together, with Alaine, she looks outside watching people walk by until a black Lamborghini pull up to the cafe. In her mind, she was thinking about how it could be anyone's Lamborghini. Her heart skip a beat the moment it parked next to the building. She turns back to Alaine and just continued having fun with her best friend, laughing and carrying on. The person stepped out of the vehicle and entered the café.

"A coffee please," the person said.

Sue-Ann eyes jumped to the man that was ordering a coffee the voice sounds so familiar. And before she could say anything, he grabbed his coffee and walks over to them slowly.

"Sue-Ann?.." Luca said with the coffee in his hand and his coat over his arm. Alaine whipped her head around to see him standing next to her, she got up and stood in Infront of him

"What Yuh want," she said viciously, Luca looks down at her, with soft eyes, and spoke calmly.

" I just...I want to have a word with her.."

"Alaine it's ok I'll talk to him" Sue-Ann spoke softly, Alaine kissed her teeth and sat back down. Sue-Ann got up and stepped out of the seat. Luca motioned his hand towards outside. Sue-Ann took a deep breath in and then let it out.

"So you can't talk mek me hear?"

"I just need a moment with her alone Alaine," he said sternly, she said nothing more but waved her hand to let them go. They walked outside and Luca opened the car door for her.

"I can do that myself, I'm not crippled," she said as she holds the car door.

"Sorry," he whispered and went to his door and got inside, she did too. As they sat into the car there was complete silence. Sue-Ann started tapping her fingers together til he says something.

"So uh how you been?" He asked nervously

"Been ok" she says still tapping her fingers and not making eye contact.

"...I'm sorry...for all that I said, they weren't true I just wanted a believable statement so you could stay away from the world I live in" She looks at him as he said he was sorry, the words didn't budge her face, she just looked like she wasn't having it.

"So you were being selfish? How can you sit there and tell me that you didn't want me to stay in the world you live in?"

"I just-"

"No, let me speak" She put up her index finger in Infront of him to shut him up. "I was already in your world the moment you took me up and flew me to Italy..you have no right to tell me that you did it for me. That was ALL for YOU Luca!" her heart broke and everything she tried putting behind her came flooding in causing her to tear up. To avoid crying Infront of him she turns her head to look out the window. Silence filled the car once more, all you could hear are the beeping cars and loud chatters, the busy street in New York.

"I'm so sorry will you ever forgive me?"

"...I don't know if I should" she sniffed, and put her chin into her hand. " you made me unable to trust you, you played me.. and traumatized me in a way"

"But what I wanna know is why are you still here, why did you come back?" She speaks still not looking at him.

" I am here because I can't stop thinking about you, even though I told you I didn't love you it was all an act, I love you Sue-Ann, you are all I want to protect. My heart belongs to you and you only. I know that because you left a heavy mark on me in that short time...I made a mistake and I want to correct it and that mistake is that I took your heart and broke it." Her heart fluttered at his sincerity, she can't help but wonder if he was just a good liar. She turns around and stares him down with soft eyes. He looks at her back.

"I have no solid reason for you to come back but I just want to know..can you hold a gun properly?."

"Obviously not! " She scoffed, she looks away. He clears his throat.

"Ok well considering that and it seems like you are prone to danger from now on you'll need help with defending yourself" She squints her eyes and turns around slowly.

"What are you getting at boy?" She knows exactly what he is trying to say.
"You live with me to defend yourself " is what he is saying but he didn't actually say it.

"I'll have to train you..." He made a pause. She raises an eyebrow.

"... And? is there an and?.." her hand covers her mouth. He shook his head and gulped, he clapped his hands together. She found that he was acting a lil weird.

"Why you a move shakey?" She squints her eyes again looking at the suspicious person beside her.

"Eh?"

"You are acting suspicious, why? ...You want me to move in with you, that's why?" He scratches the back of his head. And stretched in his seat, she watched his every move

"oh dio dammi forza" he whispered under his breath.

" I think it's better..that. way... More training equipment and stuff" he pinched his lips together and looked In the windshield. She sighs.

"This will change nothing about how I feel about you. And I won't start now. Next month I'll travel back to Italy with you." Her monotonous voice hasn't changed, he started to feel guilty, and sad. He looks down then nods.

"Okay, once your holiday starts, I'll pick you up."

"Ok bye Luca," she says as she opens the door and stepped out.

" Ciao" she closes the car door and went back inside the shop to Alaine. He sighs deeply and starts the car then drove off

To be continued...