Barone Familiare

Christmas Day

Luca's Pov

The time flies by quite drastically. My relationship with Sue-Ann has been smooth sailing, I'm glad. What I'm not glad with is that my father has been calling my phone yelling at me to come down to his office because business is not been on the right track. Perhaps I should take a visit there, for my mother and sister..for Christmas..

I woke up and got out of bed to turn the lights on. I went to the bathroom to wash up and brushed my teeth along the way. I stared into the mirror my face dripping with water, I looked down at the cross on my chain hanging back and forth. "Have faith in God everything will be fine in the end" the words my brother always used. I chuckled and got a towel to wipe my face off. I walked out of the room putting on a grey T-shirt to go downstairs. But before I do that I wanted to see if the girls are awake. I walked up to the door. I hear footsteps walking around the room. I decided to knock.

"Yeah," Sue-Ann yawned before opening the door slightly. "Hello" she spoke sweetly, she still sounded quite sleepy. I smiled at her beautiful face as her eyes were barely open.

'she looks so cute in the mornings' I think to myself.
"Buongiorno come stai?"

"Io sto... bien?.."

"Bene." I corrected her

"Bene ah" she chuckled, "what happened?"

"Nothing I just wanted to check on you... See if you are awake" She smiled at me, and came outside the door then closed it behind her. She reached her arms up to wrap it around my neck. I wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged her. She lays her head on my chest and groans.

"I'm tired" she sighed, she closed her eyes and relaxed. I kissed her on the forehead.

"I know I'm sorry"

"Well, I chose it upon myself " She looks up at me. Her eyes stared into mine with pure devotion. Love that I gained back, and I plan to do something with that love..show my deepest gratitude.

"Bono Natale"

".. Bono Natale?"

"Merry Christmas my love" I lowered my head to kiss her. She caught on and lowered her head to prevent me from kissing her lips.

"I don't want you to kiss me yet, I haven't brushed my teeth I was about to after I ate something " I smiled and a scoff came out.

"There is nothing wrong with that, just a little peck" She looks up.

"Okay, Merry Christmas sweetie" then I kissed her. " One," she counted in between the numerous pecks. " two, three. That was three pecks" She laughed, and then I gave her another one.

"I just couldn't help myself, you're so gorgeous in the morning you know that?" I placed my hand on her chin.

"Oh stop with the flattering words" She started to blush so I decided to give her more.

" Your eyes just sparkle and scrunch up like the eyes of an Asian, your lips are so plump... your hair is the same" I laughed, "but you still are so gorgeous" She blushed even more. I smiled at the sight. "Oh, that reminds me. I'm going to meet my family today... would you.. like to come to say hi?" She widened her eyes.

"Me? This fast??" I don't know if they will like me..plus how will I communicate. Do they speak English too?" Her heart started to race against my chest, I placed my hand across her jaw and then brushed my thumb against her skin, which seemed to calm her down slowly.

"Hopefully yes they will like you and yes they do speak English, Sue-Ann don't worry, plus if it makes you feel better I have a surprise for you come downstairs for it." I smiled from ear to ear. Her face twisted into a deep look of thought. I hold her hand and guide her downstairs. A matte black box was on top of the kitchen counter, with shiny black lining on the edges. I let go of her hand and she walks towards the box.. I sat on the stool next to the counter, watching her take precautious steps forward.